Images from the pilgrimage
| All photos are by SueAnn Howell of the Catholic News Herald/Charlotte, N.C.
What is an 'ad limina' and why do the bishops go to Rome?
Who will Archbishop Gregory Meet with during the 'ad limina'?
Photos of Archbishop Gregory and Bishop Zarama visiting with the Pope from the Vatican Photography Service.
Archbishop Gregory's has written his latest column (What I Have Seen and Heard) for the Georgia Bulletin which tells of his time while in Rome. You can read it first here before it goes to print.
What I Have Seen and Heard / Lo Que He Visto Y He Oido for May 10th, 2012.
Archbishop Gregory Schedule
*all times are Central European Time
- 8:00am Mass at the Tomb of Saint Peter in the Papal Basilica
- 9:00am Meeting at the Office of the Signatura [with Cardinal Burke]
- 11:00am Meeting with the Holy Father
- Morning Mass at the tomb of Blessed John XXIII
- Morning meeting with the Congregation for Bishops
- Afternoon meeting with the Pontifical council for Promoting Christian Unity
- Lunch at the Casa Santa Maria
- Afternoon meeting with the Congregation for Divine Worship
- 8:30am Pontifical Council for the New Evangelization
- 9:30am Congregation for the Clergy
- 11:00am Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith
- 4:00pm Mass at Saint Paul Outside the Walls [with the Atlanta Pilgrims]
- 5:45pm Reception at Villa Stritch [Residence for USA priests working in the Holy See]
- 7:30am Mass at Saint John Lateran Basilica [Rome's Cathedral Church]
- 9:30am Meeting with the Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life
- 11:00am Meeting with Pontifical Council for the Family.
- 9:00am Congregation for Catholic Education
- 3:30pm Mass at Saint Mary Major Basilica
- 5:00pm Pontifical Council for the Laity
Ad Limina Apostolorum Pilgrimage
Flights flights to Rome, Italy.
May 3: Arrive Rome | Assisi
Celebrate Mass at the Church of Chiesa Nuova (the small cell in which St. Francis was held prisoner by his father)
May 4: Assisi
Walk to St. Clare's Basilica
Celebrate Mass at the Basilica of St. Clare
Guided City tour starting at St. Clare including the tomb of St. Francis and other sites
Tour of St. Mary of the Angels and San Damiano
May 5: Assisi | Montalcino | Siena
Walk to St. Francis's Basilica
Celebrate Mass at the Basilica of St. Francis (in the Chapel of St. Catherine)
May 6: Siena
Celebrate Mass at Saint Dominic
Walking tour of Siena, including the relics of St. Catherine, Piazza del Campo and the Palazzo Comunale
May 7: Siena | Orvieto | Rome
Depart for Orvieto
Guided tour of the Duomo
Celebrate Mass at the Duomo of Orvieto in the Chapel of the Eucharistic Miracle
Continue on to Rome
May 8: Christian Rome Tour | Private Sistine Chapel Tour
Depart for St. Peter's Basilica
Celebrate Mass at St. Peter's Basilica
Depart on Christian Rome Tour
Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel Tour
May 9: Papal Audience | Catacombs
Depart for St. Peter's Basilica
Attend public Papal Audience
Tour of St. Sebastian Catacombs
Mass at St. Paul Outside the Walls with Archbishop Gregory and Bishop Jugis
May 10: Ancient Rome
Ancient Rome Tour
Mass at St. John Lateran
Walking tour to Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona and the Pantheon
May 11: Scavi Tours
St. Peter's for the Scavi Tours
Flights back to USA