Catholic Virtual VBS
Below are available options for Catholic Virtual Vacation Bible School this summer.
- Our Sunday Visitor’s Virtual VBS “Rocky Railway” will be available starting May 15.
- Our Sunday Visitor Webinar: VBS in the Year of Covid-19: Resources & Strategies – May 18 at 1 p.m. EDT. This webinar will discuss a number of strategies for implementing Rocky Railway this year, including brand new resources for at-home implementation. Facebook Group: Rocky Railway VBS 2020.
- Growing with the Saints: Catholic Kidz Camp offers six different programs. Tracking Mary VBS has a family component with CDs.
- Cat Chat At-Home Vacation Bible School offers a five-day, at-home VBS experience for parishes to offer for their VBS families.
- Holy Heroes Summer Faith Adventure is flexible and can be done at home with families.
- Growing Up Catholic has six options for summer VBS, all with ideas for Covid-19 adaptations.
- Growing Up Catholic is offering tips for How to Lead VBS Even in a Year with Covid-19.
- Discovery Mission Vocation-Themed VBS focuses on letting children know that God has a plan for their lives, educates them about Catholic vocations, and encourages them to say yes to Jesus and His call. It has components that could be adapted for online use.
Free Supplemental Curriculum Materials and Digital Content
- FORMED: Faith At Home – offers various content to families through a free trial then subscription (parish or individual—check with your parish).
- Ignatius Press: Faith and Life Online (Grades 1-8), MTF: Didache Online (Grades 9-12) – My Catholic Faith Delivered & Catholic Faith Technologies, from Ignatius Press and Midwest Theological Forum. Also see free and downloadable resources for Faith and Life here.
- RCL Benziger – free access for 60 days to all digital curriculum for your parish. Contact Linda Beckwith, Sales Representative, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sadlier Religion Resources – various resources available for particular programs.
- Saint Mary’s Press – activities, reflections, videos, and more for children and teens.
- My Catholic Kids – free access to their Children’s Video Library.
- Tiny Saints – activities and free printables for children.
- Activities for Children at Catholic Mom.com – at-home materials such as Sunday Gospel activities and more.
- Vocations Lessons – online curriculum that teaches students about marriage, priesthood, and consecrated life. Open access has been extended and is still currently available (teacher login: vocations2020; student login: vocation2love).
- Additional Materials from Publishers – This USCCB site provides links to other materials available through the generosity of Catholic publishers.
At-Home Catholic Family Faith Activities
- Faith and Fabric – offers tons of activities for Catholic Families for every season.
- TeachingCatholicKids.com – an article titled “Nine Activities for Family Night” by Michele Martin.
- ARMA DEI: Equipping Catholic Families – offers a plethora of faith and family-building ideas and traditions.
- Real Life At-Home – practical tips and resources for Learning, Creating and Celebrating with your Family All Year, offering monthly family activities for Catholic Families.
- Holy Heroes – offers free family focused activities for liturgical seasons.
- Vibrant Faith – offers at-home hybrid lessons for the liturgical year as well as many other resources for designing and implementing a family-focused program.
Free Sacramental Preparation Materials for at-home or Hybrid Faith Formation during Covid-19
- Our Sunday Visitor – has Sacrament Preparation for Reconciliation, Eucharist and Confirmation as well as video playlists that accompany grade level instruction and sacrament preparation and online resources for Encounter with Christ.
- Dynamic Catholic Blessed – offers First Communion and First Reconciliation preparation (free-just pay shipping).
- First Reconciliation
- Sacraments 101: Eucharist (how we receive) and Sacraments 201: Eucharist (what we believe) – For Parents or Grandparents Preparing Children for First Holy Communion.
- Catechist Magazine – Quizzes for adults and kids on the Lord’s Supper.
- First Communion – The Making of Communion Bread for Holy Communion.
- Catholic I.Q. – Information and quizzes with answers for learning about the Eucharist.
- The Catholic Tool Box – “Tools” for the classroom or at-home: activities, crafts, games, puzzles, etc…for many topics including First Holy Communion.
- The Religion Teacher – First Communion resources, materials, and activities.
- Coloring Home – free, downloadable First Communion Coloring pages.
Select YouTube Videos for Children and Youth
(please be mindful that certain YouTube settings can be open to inappropriate or dangerous content—please check links and monitor viewing appropriately)
- Catholic Kids Media – has many Catholic topics in English and Spanish
- Brother Francis Online – English and Spanish
- Catholic Link – has videos in English and Spanish for children and adults
- First Communion – animated video for children by EWTN Ireland.
- The Mass – animated video for children by EWTN Ireland.
- What Is Adoration? A how-to video presented by St. Ann’s Launch Children’s Ministry.
- Christian Kids TV
- EWTN – My Time with Jesus
- EWTN Ireland – Grow in Love
Online Resources for Middle School and High School Youth
- ProjectYM Live – a weekly live youth night for teens on Sunday nights.
- Life Teen – full of resources!
- Ascension Presents – short inspirational and informative videos for middle school and high school youth, and beyond.
- Catholic Central – entertaining and informative videos on all things Catholic, by Family Theater Productions of Holy Cross Family Ministries.
- Formation Resources through Faith and Life Online and Didache Online – Catholic Faith Technologies and My Catholic Faith Delivered (as listed above).
Other Resources to Explore
Below are links organized under various headings with some overlap with what was shared above—some content is available for free; other content may require a subscription: