Catholic Virtual VBS
- Our Sunday Visitor’s Virtual VBS “Rocky Railway” will be available starting May 15.
- Our Sunday Visitor Webinar: VBS in the Year of Covid-19: Resources & Strategies – May 18 at 1 p.m. EDT. This webinar will discuss a number of strategies for implementing Rocky Railway this year, including brand new resources for at-home implementation. Facebook Group: Rocky Railway VBS 2020.
- Growing with the Saints: Catholic Kidz Camp offers six different programs. Tracking Mary VBS has a family component with CDs.
- Cat Chat At-Home Vacation Bible School offers a five-day, at-home VBS experience for parishes to offer for their VBS families.
- Holy Heroes Summer Faith Adventure is flexible and can be done at home with families.
- Growing Up Catholic has six options for summer VBS, all with ideas for Covid-19 adaptations.
- Growing Up Catholic is offering tips for How to Lead VBS Even in a Year with Covid-19.
- Discovery Mission Vocation-Themed VBS focuses on letting children know that God has a plan for their lives, educates them about Catholic vocations, and encourages them to say yes to Jesus and His call. It has components that could be adapted for online use.
For resources to pray and learn more about the Divine Mercy devotion, please visit this webpage.
Free Supplemental Curriculum Materials and Digital Content
- FORMED: FAITH AT HOME – FORMED.org is offering free content to families for forty days.
- Ignatius Press: Faith and Life Online (Grades 1-8), MTF: Didache Online (Grades 9-12) – My Catholic Faith Delivered & Catholic Faith Technologies, from Ignatius Press and Midwest Theological Forum. Also see free and downloadable resources for Faith and Life here.
- RCL Benziger – free access for 60 days to all digital curriculum for your parish. Contact Linda Beckwith, Sales Representative, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sadlier Religion Resources – various resources available for particular programs.
- Saint Mary’s Press – Activities, reflections, videos, and more for children and teens.
- My Catholic Kids – free access to their Children’s Video Library.
- Tiny Saints – Activities and free printables for children.
- Ministry to Children – online Bible videos, games and coloring pages for Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday.
- Activities for Children at Catholic Mom.com –at-home materials such as Sunday Gospel activities and more.
- Vocations Lessons – online curriculum that teaches students about marriage, priesthood, and consecrated life. Open access through May 8 (teacher login: vocations2020; student login: vocation2love).
- Additional Materials from Publishers including Loyola Press and Bayard Available – This USCCB site provides links to other materials available through the generosity of Catholic publishers.
- Apostolate for Family Consecration – Free Online Catechism
Select YouTube Videos for Children and Youth
(please be mindful that certain YouTube settings can be open to inappropriate or dangerous content—please check links and monitor viewing appropriately)
Online Resources for Middle School and High School Youth
- ProjectYM Live – a weekly live youth night for teens on Sunday nights.
- Life Teen – full of resources!
- Catholic During COVID-19 – blog with recommendations on how to stay rooted in the faith during this time.
- Lectio Live – a live-streamed digital small group held every Wednesday at 6pm, praying with the upcoming Sunday Mass readings.
- Ascension Presents – short inspirational and informative videos for middle school and high school youth, and beyond.
- Catholic Central – entertaining and informative videos on all things Catholic, by Family Theater Productions of Holy Cross Family Ministries.
- Formation Resources through Faith and Life Online and Didache Online – Catholic Faith Technologies and My Catholic Faith Delivered (as listed above).
Other Resources to Explore
Below are links organized under various headings with some overlap with what was shared above—some content is available for free; other content may require a subscription: