Upcoming Workshop Schedule
The Joy-Filled Marriage program is offered in two parts which must be taken on two separate Saturdays: Living a Joy-Filled Marriage, and God’s Plan for a Joy-Filled Marriage. Both programs are concomitantly offered at the Chancery on the Saturdays listed below. Both need to be attended in order to receive the marriage certificate, which will be given after attendance of the second part, God’s Plan for a Joy-Filled Marriage.
Part I: “Living a Joy-Filled Marriage – A Virtue-based Life-Skills
- Intro: Life-skills based on virtue
- Discovering and uniting your goals
- Conflict Resolution
- Resource Management
- Intimacy: Prayer and Sexuality
Part II: “God’s Plan for a Joy-Filled Marriage” – A Catechesis and Sacramental-based program
- God’s Plan for Marriage “In the Beginning” – Male and Female He created them
- Christ restores God’s Plan for Marriage – Male and Female He redeemed them
- To what are you saying “I do”? – The basics of Marriage in the Church
- What is authentic intimacy?
- Sustaining intimacy for a life-long marriage
- Practical benefits of Natural Family Planning
What are the times of the workshops?
9:00am to 4:00pm
What should we bring?
Just yourselves and a light sweater or jacket if you have a tendency to get cold.
What if we are unable to attend the program together?
The program is designed for couples to work together throughout the day. For couples who find themselves separated by distance, there are other options for your pastor to consider such as: www.catholicmarriageprep.com
How much does it cost? How do we register?
The Joy-Filled Marriage program is $160.00 per couple. Each Saturday is $80. Registration is done online. Workshops can fill up, so please register early.
Who do we contact if we have questions or need further information?
Joy Filled Marriage Flyers
2020 Marriage Preparation Workshop Schedule Flyer
The program is grounded in Church documents, influenced strongly by the Theology of the Body, and ties in sound Catholic psychology applied to marriage and relationships.
Last Updated: January 22, 2020