Catechetical Materials for Parish Catechetical Leaders
More and more new family focused curricula are being developed and many catechetical publishers offer leader guides or supplemental materials to support family catechesis. For more information about current family catechesis resources for your parish, contact Patrice Spirou, Lead for Family Catechesis and Curriculum at the Office of Evangelization and Discipleship or contact your publisher.
Family Focused Resources for Leaders, Parents, and Catechists
- Families Forming Disciples: A curriculum with bilingual (English and Spanish) lesson content for parishes to adapt in order to advance family faith formation in small-group format with the accompaniment of catechists. See introduction video here.
- The Peyton Institute for Domestic Church Life – Think tank to develop new models of family prayer and spirituality
- Ask Your Father and He Will Tell You: A Report on American Catholic Religious Parenting– Offers a free report to “find out what works and what doesn’t work when it comes to educating Catholic youth”
- Pope St. John Paul II, Apostolic Exhortation Familiaris Consortio
- Pope Francis, Post-Synodal Apostolic Exhortation Amoris Laetitia (especially ch. 7)
- Families at the Center of Faith Formation, (Lifelong Faith Associates, 2016)
- Strong Catholic Families – Strong Catholic Families process is designed to motivate parents to embrace the responsibility for the faith growth of their children and family as a domestic church and motivate parishes/schools to support and equip parents and families in passing the faith onto their children and deepening the practice of faith within their homes.
- Fashioning Faith is a subscription website that helps make lifelong faith formation a reality for your community, and works with the resources and approaches you are currently using for age-specific catechesis. Download plans and programs for intergenerational faith formation, home/family faith growth, age-specific faith learning, and individual learning in the context of daily life.
- Lifelong Faith Formation – LifelongFaith Associates is committed to helping congregations develop lifelong Christian faith formation for all ages and generations, increasing the capacity of leaders and communities to nurture faith growth in everyone.
- Early Catholic Family Life – Offers assistance to parents seeking to pass on the faith to their young children.
- Growing Up Catholic (Parent Coaching) – Contains parish resources that coaches and empowers parents to form their own children in faith.