The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- April 8, 2021ATLANTA—Catechetical leaders from parishes throughout the Archdiocese of Atlanta were celebrated for their years of service, dedication and accomplishments on March 15.
- April 5, 2021VATICAN CITY (CNS)–The Easter liturgies–with the fire, sharing of light from the paschal candle assure people that it is never too late to start again, Pope Francis said.
- April 3, 2021VATICAN CITY (CNS)–As Pope Francis presided over the Liturgy of the Lord’s Passion, the preacher of the papal household called on bishops and all Catholics to examine their consciences for ways they may be harming the unity of the Catholic Church.
- March 31, 2021ATLANTA—On March 31, Archbishop Gregory J. Hartmayer, OFM Conv., offered a statement on racism, pledging a personal commitment to model the change that must take place to eradicate the sin.
- March 31, 2021ATLANTA—Colorful flower bouquets carpeted the entryway of the Gold Spa. “Stop Asian Hate” signs were carried by some of the more than 100 mourners at the Piedmont Road spa, one location of a crime spree where a man shot to death eight people.
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- Entonces dijo María: “Mi alma glorifica al Señor y mi espíritu se llena de júbilo en Dios, mi salvador. —Lc 1, 46-47 https://t.co/bS1hru1ddi 4 hours ago
- Join us as we contemplate the Sunday readings during the 50 days of Eastertide and discuss ways we can respond to C… https://t.co/PXIKc481oH 1 day ago
- “El Señor espera que le presentemos nuestras miserias, para hacernos descubrir su misericordia.” –Papa Francisco, L… https://t.co/SCJRxuEVbQ 2 days ago
- Cristo, nuestro cordero pascual, ha sido inmolado; celebremos, pues, la Pascua. –1 Cor 5, 7b-8a https://t.co/A2HSktOJK4 3 days ago
- RT @georgiabulletin : Join us for a "Novena of Thursday Holy Hours" each week at 11 a.m. until the Feast of Corpus Christi as a continued Eu… 5 days ago