The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- June 22, 2021VATICAN CITY (CNS)–Jesus is always praying for each and every person, desiring that his word would help people in their lives and that they never would feel alone, Pope Francis said.
- June 18, 2021WASHINGTON (CNS)–The Eucharist was the major topic of the U.S bishops’ June 16-18 virtual spring assembly. On June 17, they heard a full presentation on a proposal to draft a document on the “meaning of the Eucharist in the life of the church,” followed by a lengthy discussion and vote.
- June 17, 2021ATLANTA–The Georgia Bulletin and the Archdiocese of Atlanta earned a combined 13 Catholic Press Awards at the 2021 Catholic Media Conference.
- June 16, 2021WASHINGTON (CNS)–When they gather virtually for their annual spring assembly June 16-18, the U.S. bishops will be asked to approve the drafting of a formal statement on the meaning of the Eucharist in the life of the Catholic Church.
- June 14, 2021ATLANTA—In his apostolic exhortation, “Evangelii Gaudium,” Pope Francis invites Christians everywhere “to a renewed personal encounter with Jesus Christ.”
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- RT @STMDecatur : Happy feast day for our school’s namesake St. Thomas More! We carry on his name and his dedication to the Catholic faith as… 2 hours ago
- As part of today’s celebration of Bishop Ned’s 25th ordination anniversary, his staff had Bishop cookies made for h… https://t.co/lYqvt0lpf3 3 hours ago
- RT @FormDisciples : Time to spread the word on “Say the Word," as registration for the Southeast Catechist Conference 2021 is now open! @Ca … 4 hours ago
- Congratulations Bishop Ned Shlesinger III on your 25th Ordination Anniversary!!! #archatl https://t.co/iEdmc8F4ol 6 hours ago
- RT @CatholicFndNGA : Congratulations Bishop Ned Shlesinger on your ordination anniversary! We're so grateful for your support of the Catholi… 8 hours ago