Welcome to the Archdiocese of Atlanta
The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- December 2, 2020ATLANTA–Black Catholics across the United States and the world gather each November to celebrate Black Catholic History Month.
- December 1, 2020ATLANTA—New technology and support for those in need are just a few of the many fundraising initiatives for this year’s #iGiveCatholic campaign.
- November 29, 2020VATICAN CITY (CNS)–One by one 11 senior churchmen knelt before Pope Francis to receive their red hats, a cardinal’s ring and a scroll formally declaring their new status and assigning them a “titular” church in Rome.
- November 26, 2020ATLANTA—There was a trend on social media this summer: Remember where you were on Dec. 31, 2019, as you looked forward to the promise of the new year.
- November 18, 2020SANDY SPRINGS—Mister Rogers’ mom gave him sage advice on how to manage a crisis. “Look for the helpers,” she told him.
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- All involved with the Hispanic/Latino ministry are invited to participate in "El aspecto humano de la inmigración,… https://t.co/4MB9RQqDvF 6 hours ago
- Its officially #GivingTuesday! Help support the Archdioceses 93 organizations including: 38 parishes 25 schools 1 p… https://t.co/vQFYgX1NSh 1 day ago
- Join us tomorrow at noon for the commitment to end inequality and to promote the importance of public health with t… https://t.co/9XfLDUMkQi 2 days ago
- Happy Feast Day St. Andrew! Shout out to our parish in Roswell! #Saints #FeastDay #Catholic Estamos celebrando la… https://t.co/5KA8SnuVrz 2 days ago
- Happy Feast Day St. Andrew! Shout out to our parish in Roswell! #Saints #FeastDay #Catholic https://t.co/QSpoMXJPu3 2 days ago