The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- May 19, 2022ATLANTA—Holy Spirit Church hosted the Liturgy of Commissioning and a graduation ceremony for the Certificado en Ministerio Pastoral (Certificate in Pastoral Ministry) program on April 30.
- May 17, 2022COLLEGE PARK—Catholics in the Archdiocese of Atlanta and the Southeast will come together to celebrate the presence of Jesus in the Eucharist at the 25th Eucharistic Congress, scheduled for June 17-18 at the Georgia International Convention Center.
- May 16, 2022Atlanta— Archbishop Gregory J. Hartmayer, OFM Conv., Archbishop of Atlanta, was deeply disturbed to hear about a deadly mass shooting in Buffalo N.Y., this weekend.
- May 16, 2022ATLANTA – The Atlanta archbishop is opposing the execution of a man who has been on death row for 46 years.
- May 13, 2022ATLANTA—Anti-abortion advocates in the Atlanta Archdiocese are mobilizing to aid pregnant women in light of a leaked document from the Supreme Court indicating it will overturn its Roe v. Wade decision, which legalized abortion.
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- Happy Feast Day to Holy Spirit Catholic Church and Prep School!!! #archatl https://t.co/HitYjvhbsk 10 hours ago
- The Church joyfully invites you to witness the Rite of Ordination to the Order of Diaconate on Saturday, May 21 at… https://t.co/BzlYVq0QR2 14 hours ago
- The Eucharistic Congress is back June 17-18! This is not possible without the time and talent of hundreds of volun… https://t.co/6wOq59d3A4 1 day ago
- Thank you to Bill Spalding Wealth Management for being a sponsor for the 25th Eucharistic Congress! Visit there web… https://t.co/OZVp6QCIDQ 2 days ago
- The Laudato Si’ Green Mass with Bishop Joel Konzen is about to begin! If you aren’t able to join us in person at St… https://t.co/dfdzpi6N56 3 days ago