Welcome to the Archdiocese of Atlanta
The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- May 22, 2018COLLEGE PARK—Catholics from around the region are invited to attend the annual Eucharistic Congress,
- May 18, 2018Archbishop Gregory talks about the importance of protecting all of God’s creatures in his latest column, “What I Have Seen and Heard.”
- May 14, 2018NEWNAN—Parishioners of St. George Church gathered for a Mass of Thanksgiving Saturday, April 21, at Oak Hill Cemetery in Newnan.
- May 4, 2018VATICAN CITY (CNS)—Priests must give hope to men and women seeking forgiveness, encouraging them in their struggles away from the slippery slope of sin, Pope Francis said.
- May 1, 2018ROME (CNS)—After circling a massive, crumbling public housing complex on the outskirts of Rome, Pope Francis had an emotional encounter with the neighborhood’s children.
- April 27, 2018Archbishop Gregory talks about our call to holiness in his latest column, “What I Have Seen and Heard.”
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- En esta temporada de graduaciones oramos por nuestros “SOÑADORES”, ¡para que puedan alcanzar lo que tanto anhelan!… https://t.co/BPNubqyma3 2 hours ago
- RT @BostonCollege : ICYMI: A strong message on the power of words from Archbishop of Atlanta Wilton D. Gregory at BC Commencement: https://t… 3 hours ago
- Afternoon reflection. #heart #love #God #Catholic #mercy https://t.co/Ho3Q0UDye8 4 hours ago
- RT @catholiclink_es : El jueves después de Pentecostés se celebra la Fiesta de Jesucristo Sacerdote, una excelente oportunidad para agradece… 5 hours ago
- Thank you to @gakofc for sponsoring the 2018 Eucharistic Congress! #ATLEC2018 https://t.co/phkQxJwGRu 6 hours ago