The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- July 28, 2021WASHINGTON (CNS)—From uneven responses to the COVID-19 crisis to the raw racial tensions exposed by the death of George Floyd in 2020, Americans over the past year have become more conscious of the diversity of our population and the struggles that many different cultures experience on a day to day basis.
- July 26, 2021ATLANTA—Sixteen dioceses are coming together for this year’s virtual Southeast Catechist Conference Aug. 12-15.
- July 24, 2021ATLANTA—Catholic Charities Atlanta offers a Leadership Class to nurture the spiritual and professional growth of young adults into servant leaders.
- July 22, 2021SMYRNA—A statue of Mary now greets visitors and staff at the offices of the Archdiocese of Atlanta.
- July 21, 2021ATLANTA—Gunnar Bentz, a graduate of St. Pius X High School and an Olympic athlete, is described by his former swim coach Scott Carter as a “quiet professional.”
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- Happy Feast Day to Cristo Rey Atlanta Jesuit High School. Shout out to our school in Atlanta! ¡Estamos celebrando… https://t.co/QM3qCZFRag 23 hours ago
- Our Seminarians just concluded the 2021 Convocation and have been praying for you. Please continue to keep them in… https://t.co/ota7OIF370 2 days ago
- Archbishop Hartmayer is pleased to announce the return of the Archdiocese of Atlanta Eucharistic Congress, June 17-… https://t.co/xYnmjt4eul 2 days ago
- RT @CathSchoolsATL : As a diverse Catholic community, Immaculate Heart of Mary School models Gospel values and strives to achieve excellence… 2 days ago
- In NFP education we find that several misconceptions regarding the principles and practice of NFP continue to exist… https://t.co/5FrqpiQFbj 3 days ago