Welcome to the Archdiocese of Atlanta
The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- August 14, 2019SMYRNA—Bishop Joel M. Konzen, SM, diocesan administrator, has released the following statement on this week’s phishing email scam.
- August 9, 2019ATLANTA—Sister Mary Prema Pierick, superior general of the Missionaries of Charity, visited the Atlanta members of the congregation and its volunteers in June.
- August 8, 2019DULUTH —Teens from Atlanta and surrounding areas gathered July 12-14 for the annual Steubenville Atlanta conference at the Infinite Energy Center in Duluth.
- August 5, 2019WASHINGTON— Pope Francis joined Catholic Church leaders expressing sorrow after back-to-back mass shootings in the United States left at least 29 dead and dozens injured in Texas and Ohio Aug. 3 and 4.
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- Dios te ama. Nunca lo dudes, más allá de lo que te suceda en la vida. En cualquier circunstancia, eres infinitament… https://t.co/S0u1KWa7Iv 8 hours ago
- Join us for our annual Blue Mass to honor first responders and public safety officials on Wednesday, September 11.… https://t.co/j6QTa3Yqd8 1 day ago
- Check out the @georgiabulletin website to see the process on how the Archbishop is appointed. Link in Bio #archatl… https://t.co/PaVS9A1jDH 2 days ago
- Lots of companies came today to support Cristo Rey’s intern program. #archatl Muchas compañías asistieron hoy par… https://t.co/VgdQ7H8hf2 2 days ago
- Getting ready for draft day! #archatl Preparándonos para Draft Day! #archatl https://t.co/Tnk0em9ULK 2 days ago