The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- June 8, 2023ATLANTA—Throughout the Archdiocese of Atlanta, churches will launch the local celebration of the National Eucharistic Revival with eucharistic processions, adoration and Masses on the weekend of Sunday, June 11—the Feast of Corpus Christi.
- June 6, 2023ATLANTA—The Catholic high schools in the Archdiocese of Atlanta honored their 2023 valedictorians and salutatorians at graduation ceremonies around the region in May.
- June 4, 2023RUTLEDGE—It’s hard to keep Felicia Miralles in one place. As her fellow campers gather for dinner Friday night, she moves from table to table, chatting with old friends and new, asking about their spouses and their children. Her eager audience greets her with enthusiasm.
- June 2, 2023ROSWELL—The men about to be ordained deacons walked into the crowded St. Peter Chanel Church arm in arm with those who raised them first in their faith, their moms and dads.
- May 31, 2023VATICAN CITY (CNS)–The greatest way of life is serving others, and those in political power must see themselves as servants, too, Pope Francis said.