Welcome to the Archdiocese of Atlanta
The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- August 16, 2018My heart and the hearts of our archdiocesan faith community are with the people of God in Pennsylvania and throughout the country.
- August 9, 2018Read Archbishop Gregory’s response to the resignation of Theodore McCarrick on The Georgia Bulletin website.
- View Archbishop Gregory’s 2002 United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) Presidential AddressAugust 9, 2018Click the title to view Archbishop Gregory’s 2002 United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) Presidential Address.
- August 9, 2018If you or a loved one has been hurt or abused by a member of the clergy, an employee, or volunteer of the Archdiocese of Atlanta, we are here to listen and take action.
- August 8, 2018MARIETTA—On April 19, Archbishop Wilton D. Gregory celebrated Mass and the sacrament of confirmation for a group on young people…
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- Shout out to St. John Paul II Mission for celebrating their Dedication Mass this weekend! ¡Que viva! #Catholic… https://t.co/j6lAd633tj 15 hours ago
- Meet Nicholas, and how our archdiocese helped him receive the Sacrament of Confirmation in the @georgiabulletin … https://t.co/gJr3PAnrbZ 19 hours ago
- Cita extraida de Gaudete et Exsultate para reflexionar sobre nuestro llamado a la santidad. #SummerSaints… https://t.co/ziGtL4t4Ul 20 hours ago
- Today's readings: "Teacher, what good must I do to gain eternal life?" https://t.co/2RZnPhXXyJ En español:… https://t.co/63AkP2ud2I 23 hours ago
- RT @CatholicNewsSvc : Here are some key events in the U.S. church’s response to allegations of #sexabuse during the past 35 years. https://t… 2 days ago