Welcome to the Archdiocese of Atlanta
The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- July 12, 2019St. John Neumann Catholic Church in Lilburn has responded to Pope Francis’ environmental message.
- July 11, 2019COLLEGE PARK—Middle and high school students from various parishes attended this year’s teen track at the Eucharistic Congress, held on June 22.
- July 5, 2019ATLANTA—Father Edwin Leo Keel, SM, died Monday, July 1, at the PruittHealth-Brookhaven nursing and rehabilitation center in Atlanta.
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- Happy Feast Day to Our Lady of the Mount Catholic Church. Shout out to our parish in Lookout Mountain! Estamos cel… https://t.co/XiQ833EBSz 23 hours ago
- And I tell you, ask and you will receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. Luke 11… https://t.co/eoW5FyIrO9 2 days ago
- Kateri Tekakwitha is revered today as the first Native American saint, and is an example of purity, prayer, and end… https://t.co/WG4iA5dDGU 3 days ago
- Some Saturday reflection to end your week. #archatl Dale un vistazo a esta reflexión para terminar tu fin de semana. https://t.co/zobsFy7SxM 4 days ago
- Read this article in The Georgia Bulletin. https://t.co/sCqUJYx5x2 Lee este artículo en The Georgia Bulletin. https://t.co/uLbAshSaNj 5 days ago