Welcome to the Archdiocese of Atlanta
The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- May 17, 2019Archbishop Gregory would like to share this good news with you at the same time this announcement is being made.
- May 17, 2019DULUTH—Notre Dame Academy senior Emily Mlakar is saying farewell to a place where her ideas helped start school traditions when none existed before.
- May 16, 2019ATLANTA—Upon the invitation of Atlanta City Council President Felicia Moore, Archbishop Wilton D. Gregory offered the invocation at the April 15 meeting of the council.
- May 13, 2019ATLANTA (CNS)—Georgia Republican Gov. Brian Kemp signed legislation May 7 to ban abortions in the state once a fetal heartbeat is detected, which is around six weeks.
- May 9, 2019ATLANTA — On a sunny Wednesday, members of a bible study group at the Cathedral of Christ the King, Atlanta and other volunteers gathered at the St. Charles Borromeo house for priestly formation to spruce up the garden and conference area. The group raised $4,000 for new furniture and accessories.
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- RT @georgiabulletin : This morning with @MaristSchool Share The Journey https://t.co/Omm1316lkP 21 hours ago
- Register for Starve Wars! At this year's Eucharistic Congress! #ATLEC2019 Inscríbase en STARVE WARS! Este evento p… https://t.co/KJ129kAyvV 22 hours ago
- Thank you to the Dominican Sisters of Hawthorne for being a sponsor of this year's Eucharistic Congress! #ATLEC2019… https://t.co/zIOXnbec3g 2 days ago
- ¡El Colegio del Espíritu Santo todavía tiene algunas becas disponibles para 2019-20! ¡Estudie en el colegio católic… https://t.co/WI8ZgHrafj 3 days ago
- Holy Spirit College still has a few scholarships available for 2019-20! Study at Atlanta’s Catholic college THIS FA… https://t.co/BcALumcdYE 3 days ago