The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- May 25, 2022ATLANTA—Archbishop Gregory J. Hartmayer, OFM Conv., offers the following words to the faithful in the wake of the school shooting in Uvalde, Texas, on May 24
- May 19, 2022ATLANTA—Holy Spirit Church hosted the Liturgy of Commissioning and a graduation ceremony for the Certificado en Ministerio Pastoral (Certificate in Pastoral Ministry) program on April 30.
- May 17, 2022COLLEGE PARK—Catholics in the Archdiocese of Atlanta and the Southeast will come together to celebrate the presence of Jesus in the Eucharist at the 25th Eucharistic Congress, scheduled for June 17-18 at the Georgia International Convention Center.
- May 16, 2022Atlanta— Archbishop Gregory J. Hartmayer, OFM Conv., Archbishop of Atlanta, was deeply disturbed to hear about a deadly mass shooting in Buffalo N.Y., this weekend.
- May 16, 2022ATLANTA – The Atlanta archbishop is opposing the execution of a man who has been on death row for 46 years.
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- During a daily mass at the Chancery, Archbishop Hartmayer homily speaks on prayerfulness at this time of unrest and… https://t.co/Kl9nheNfXk 13 hours ago
- Thank you to the Catholic Foundation of North Georgia for being a sponsor for the 25th Eucharistic Congress! Visit… https://t.co/w5gWtOrFzv 17 hours ago
- The Eucharistic Congress is back June 17-18! This is not possible without the time and talent of hundreds of volun… https://t.co/CTZDLYSQ3k 1 day ago
- We’re celebrating Asian Pacific American Heritage Month! ¡Estamos celebrando el Mes de la Herencia Asiático-Americ… https://t.co/Et8hTWD7a0 3 days ago
- Thank you to the Dominican Sisters of Hawthorne for being a sponsor for the 25th Eucharistic Congress! Visit there… https://t.co/wVXKuVMsLU 4 days ago