Welcome to the Archdiocese of Atlanta
The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- February 15, 2019SMYRNA—Archbishop Wilton D. Gregory honored leaders in youth ministry and graduates of a University of Dayton faith formation certificate program during a Monday, Jan. 14 parish catechetical leader awards luncheon at the Chancery of the archdiocese.
- February 12, 2019Archbishop Gregory reflects on the power of images in his column, “What I Have Seen and Heard.”
- February 8, 2019ATLANTA—Eight men were ordained to serve as permanent deacons in the Archdiocese of Atlanta on Saturday, Jan. 26 at the Cathedral of Christ the King.
- February 6, 2019Read Archbishop Gregory’s homily from our 2019 Mass for the Unborn as well as a word from our Director of Respect Life Ministry.
- February 5, 2019BALTIMORE—A young South Sudanese refugee raising her siblings in Uganda’s Bidi Bidi refugee settlement.
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- More than 300 people joined together to advocate for refugees & immigrants for the Celebration of New Americans at… https://t.co/ZveBXJTbsG 7 hours ago
- RT @sanguinettimon2 : Estoy de visita en Atlanta. Impresionante el crecimiento de la Iglesia con la llegada de los hispanos. La misión de la… 10 hours ago
- Did you know? February is Catholic Press Month! Bring Catholic news to you by subscribing to the @georgiabulletin … https://t.co/fw0n18sum1 11 hours ago
- RT @CRSEspanol : Este Día de #SanValentín, recordamos el nuevo mandamiento que Jesús nos dejó: que nos amemos los unos a los otros como él n… 1 day ago
- “Love is a relationship. . . built up like a home. And a home is built together, not alone!” - Pope Francis… https://t.co/FM4f2pjeLi 1 day ago