Welcome to the Archdiocese of Atlanta
The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- June 24, 2019WASHINGTON—The Vatican Dicastery for Laity, Family and Life will convene in Rome on June 19-22 for an International Post-Synodal Forum of young adults to discuss the impact of Pope Francis’s recent apostolic exhortation, Christus Vivit.
- June 24, 2019ATLANTA—Building on its mission of fostering an intellectually vibrant community, the Aquinas Center is expanding community partnerships and collaborations within the Archdiocese of Atlanta.
- June 24, 2019BALTIMORE (CNS)—National Review Board chairman Francesco Cesareo offered the U.S. bishops meeting in Baltimore a series of recommendations that he said will strengthen the church’s response to the ongoing clergy sexual abuse crisis.
- June 18, 2019ATLANTA—Father Richard Byrne Morrow of Atlanta died Saturday, June 15. He was 89 years old.
- June 18, 2019BALTIMORE (CNS)—The gathering of U.S. bishops June 11-13 in Baltimore was anything but business as usual.
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- Thank you for attending this year's Eucharistic Congress! Tell us about your experience by completing this short su… https://t.co/d1e2Du4Acv 8 hours ago
- Today we celebrate the Nativity of John the Baptist, who prepared the way for the coming on the Lord. If you can, s… https://t.co/0esjbquZw4 1 day ago
- Thank you for attending this year's Eucharistic Congress! Tell us about your experience by completing this short su… https://t.co/vhEaAGudye 2 days ago
- Thank you to everyone that came out to the 2019 Eucharistic Congress! Here are some of our favorite moments of this… https://t.co/5YENePKd18 2 days ago
- Make sure to attend the 2020 Eucharistic Congress! The dates are June 12-13, 2020 and the theme is "Come Back To Me… https://t.co/kKEjM0ifV4 3 days ago