Welcome to the Archdiocese of Atlanta
The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- March 27, 2020ATLANTA—Bishop Joel M. Konzen, SM, diocesan administrator, announced new instructions regarding Holy Week and distribution of the sacraments in a memo to priests, deacons and parish leaders in the Archdiocese of Atlanta on Friday, March 26.
- March 27, 2020The Most Rev. Joel M. Konzen, SM, released the following instructions about Holy Week to pastors and parish leaders on Friday, March 26.
- March 25, 2020Catholic Charities continues to serve, but has had to modify how those services are offered. See what is still available how to access them.
- March 24, 2020Dear brothers and sisters, I thank you for the many ways that you are providing for the needs of all in your care. I appreciate your creativity and dedication at this time.
- March 23, 2020VATICAN CITY (CNS)–In response to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, Pope Francis said he will give an extraordinary blessing “urbi et orbi” (to the city and the world) at 6 p.m. Rome time Friday, March 27.
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- “No dejemos transcurrir en vano el tiempo de gracia de la Cuaresma. Pidamos a Dios que nos ayude a emprender un cam… https://t.co/0xFyxTo4c1 12 hours ago
- The Most Rev. Joel M. Konzen, S.M., released new instructions today for the Archdiocese of Atlanta as well as some… https://t.co/pAANT9VaIc 1 day ago
- Use this reflection video and different images from around the Archdiocese as a tool to help pray the Stations of t… https://t.co/IfZzCC90HG 1 day ago
- Atlanta's new archbishop discusses challenges of faith and hope during coronavirus pandemic https://t.co/cSSAXCk7Vf 2 days ago
- Mass suspension continues through April 19, school closures extended | Georgia Bulletin - Georgia Bulletin: https://t.co/TgMfpBf8yd 2 days ago