The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- January 25, 2023WASHINGTON (OSV News)–Tens of thousands of pro-life advocates descended upon the nation’s capital for the 50th March for Life Jan. 20–the first national march since the overturn of the U.S. Supreme Court’s 1973 Roe v. Wade decision that initially prompted the annual demonstration.
- January 24, 2023ROSWELL—“God will provide,” is the episcopal motto of Atlanta’s newest auxiliary, Bishop John Nhan Tran, ordained Monday, Jan. 23 in a joyous afternoon Mass at St. Peter Chanel Church.
- January 23, 2023ATLANTA—Parishes across the Archdiocese of Atlanta held memorial Masses for Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI in early January after the death of the retired pontiff Dec. 31.
- January 21, 2023ATLANTA—With the civil rights movement anthem “We Shall Overcome,” the Archdiocese of Atlanta celebrated its annual Mass honoring native son, Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.
- January 19, 2023The challenge of remembering and keeping established public holidays increases with every new addition to the calendar.
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- Happy Feast Day to St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church. Shoutout to our parish in Alpharetta! https://t.co/QIDvysNrBo 19 hours ago
- Mass for the Preborn Homily https://t.co/AzG9umWTK4 2 days ago
- Happy Feast Day to St. Francis de Sales. Shoutout to our parish in Mableton!!! https://t.co/h7fra4Lj33 3 days ago
- Yesterday, we celebrated the Ordination of our new Auxilary Bishop The Most Reverend John Tran. https://t.co/iVMpFm6fZE 3 days ago
- https://t.co/esjIMo1HcI 4 days ago