Welcome to the Archdiocese of Atlanta
The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- September 21, 2018Archbishop Gregory talks about how the National Encuentro celebrates faith and community in his latest column, “What I Have Seen and Heard.”
- September 18, 2018Archbishop Wilton D. Gregory discusses the upcoming visit of Jesuit Father James Martin.
- September 14, 2018Meet Joey Martineck, the new director of Respect Life ministry for the Archdiocese of Atlanta.
- September 11, 2018ATLANTA—Georgia’s top law enforcement officer urged the Archdiocese of Atlanta to “unwaveringly commit to a new day of transparency and openness” in response to Pennsylvania’s investigation into sexual abuse by clergy members.
- September 7, 2018Archbishop Gregory talks about the challenge of restoring confidence in the Catholic Church in his latest column, “What I Have Seen and Heard.”
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- September is World Alzheimer's Month. We pray for those suffering, their families and caregivers. #WorldAlzMonth https://t.co/XtAFkqD5GW 3 hours ago
- Happy Feast Day St. Matthew! Shout out to our parishes in Tyrone and Winder! ¡Que vivan! #Saints #FeastDay #Catholic https://t.co/5azzD4nyQc 23 hours ago
- Esta semana, únete a la Novena por la Protección de la Vida de @USCCB . Ofrece un sacrificio por cada intención. En… https://t.co/0pigUi1vRf 1 day ago
- Our #VEncuentro delegates continue to share the vibrancy of our Catholic community. Please keep them in your prayer… https://t.co/ybtBGAtmTq 1 day ago
- Looking for a spiritual experience? Join the @georgiabulletin for their pilgrimage to Mexico with Msgr. Dan Stack i… https://t.co/6pIdUdR5Hx 2 days ago