Welcome to the Archdiocese of Atlanta
The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- May 29, 2020Laudato Si’. These words are taken from the beautiful Canticle of Creation by St. Francis of Assisi.
- May 28, 2020ATLANTA—This summer, Dr. Diane Starkovich will retire after 14 years serving as superintendent for Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Atlanta.
- May 26, 2020ATLANTA—“God is always at work to orient the person toward the discovery of a higher dimension of living—of a more useful self-giving and service to our brothers and sisters.”
- May 22, 2020SMYRNA—Archbishop Gregory J. Hartmayer, OFM Conv., conveys the following priest assignments, effective July 1.
- May 19, 2020ATLANTA—As restaurants started to close their doors because of the COVID-19 pandemic, many people lost income, compromising their ability to feed themselves and their families.
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- Yo soy el pan vivo que ha bajado del cielo, dice el Señor; el que coma de este pan vivirá para siempre. Jn 6, 51 https://t.co/S1sKRci8re 16 hours ago
- Thank you all for being patient during our current pandemic. https://t.co/Czl65R7Of1 18 hours ago
- June 2020 has been designated Archdiocese of Atlanta Human Trafficking Awareness Month. Justice and Peace Ministrie… https://t.co/63cVA7SPhl 2 days ago
- Archbishop Hartmayer has recently announced new guidelines to renentering our parishes https://t.co/02yy2hqA5M 2 days ago
- Bishop Joel Konzen, S.M. Baccalaureate Homily https://t.co/KA6m1mozbz 3 days ago