Welcome to the Archdiocese of Atlanta
The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- October 30, 2020WASHINGTON (CNS)–Cardinal-designate Wilton D. Gregory, installed as Washington’ s archbishop in May 2019, thanked Pope Francis “with a very grateful and humble heart” for naming him as one of 13 new cardinals Oct. 25.
- October 29, 2020Pope Francis is a man dedicated to dialogue and building bridges between people no matter the issue.
- October 25, 2020Pope Francis announced he will create 13 new cardinals Nov. 28, including Archbishop Wilton D. Gregory of Washington, formerly Atlanta’s archbishop.
- October 20, 2020WASHINGTON (CNS)–As it did in 2016, the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops is encouraging people of faith to take part in an election novena beginning Oct. 26 and ending Nov. 3, Election Day.
- October 18, 2020ROSWELL—A hymn written with the 13th century words of St. Francis of Assisi opened the pallium Mass, reflecting the simplicity and values of the saint.
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- The Plague of Human Trafficking and Care for Creation #FaithfulFriday #CivilizeIt #FaithfulCitizenship #vote2020 https://t.co/PLfyZy0VSb 13 hours ago
- Check out the most recent @georgiabulletin for the full story on the recent acceptance of the Cardinal-designate Wi… https://t.co/9peXR92jki 2 days ago
- Visit the Archdiocese of Atlanta website to view numerous broadcast and livestreamed Masses from our parishes. Vi… https://t.co/7Z02GCTGst 2 days ago
- Happy Feast Day to St. Jude the Apostle Catholic Church and School. Shout out to our parish in Sandy Springs!… https://t.co/iDUwzIPOw6 3 days ago
- Él los bautizará con el Espíritu Santo y su fuego. (Mateo 3:11) https://t.co/oAhBkki8RE 3 days ago