Welcome to the Archdiocese of Atlanta
The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- November 13, 2018LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN—Parishioners of Our Lady of the Mount Church welcomed Bishop Joel M. Konzen, SM, to celebrate Mass and groundbreaking for the church’s new parish hall on Sunday, Oct. 14.
- November 9, 2018WASHINGTON —Discussion and voting on concrete measures to address the abuse crisis and a day of spiritual discernment and prayer will top the agenda for the U.S. bishops when they meet Nov. 12-14 for the fall general assembly in Baltimore.
- November 6, 2018Archbishop Gregory releases list of those credibly accused of sexual abuse of minors.
- November 5, 2018STONE MOUNTAIN—Parishioners of Corpus Christi Church in Stone Mountain joined 100 employees of Ruppert Landscape for a fun field day event Sept. 13. The end result was a much-needed landscape makeover for the church community.
- November 2, 2018After 35 years as a bishop, it is rare for me to hear something that I have not heard before when celebrating the sacrament of confirmation with our youth.
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- https://t.co/eIZecjiFk7 50 minutes ago
- Check out the highlights of Archbishop Gregory's recent visit to @MercyCatholic ! #archatl https://t.co/0pyYToNKKZ 3 hours ago
- RT @SJCS_MariettaGA : WE ARE BUSY learning about our nation's history! Kindergarten has been decorating our hallways, adding beads to Thanks… 6 hours ago
- https://t.co/mTGn767Lte 1 day ago
- Advance giving for @iGiveCatholic has officially begun! Support your favorite parish, school or ministry today!… https://t.co/h0xMffISSH 1 day ago