The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- October 14, 2021CARROLLTON—An email in Norma Rothschadl’s inbox brought a new program to the Archdiocese of Atlanta.
- October 12, 2021WASHINGTON (CNS)–As part of the Year of St. Joseph declared by Pope Francis, the U.S. Catholic Church’s annual Respect Life Month celebration in October “highlights the example of that great saint” as protector of life, said the chairman of the U.S. bishops’ pro-life committee.
- October 10, 2021WASHINGTON (CNS)–When the U.S. bishops meet this fall for their annual assembly, they will revisit the discussion they began in mid-June about the Eucharist and will be presented with a drafted document on the “meaning of the Eucharist in the life of the church.”
- October 8, 2021STONE MOUNTAIN—Hundreds gathered to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Corpus Christi Church.
- October 6, 2021PEACHTREE CORNERS–Being involved in parish life at St. Michael the Archangel Church inspired Katia León to leave a legacy for generations to come.
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- For a Synodal Church: Communion, Participation and Mission - Georgia Bulletin https://t.co/sPEPSj9gT6 15 hours ago
- RT @georgiabulletin : The size of this hand- crafted rosary doesn’t come across in photos. It was created as part of her college capstone… 15 hours ago
- RT @GRACEScholars : Take part in a simple tax credit program through GRACE Scholars. Registering in the next few moments will open the doors… 18 hours ago
- On Sunday October 17 Archbishop Gregory Hartmayer gave his Homily on the Opening of the Synod https://t.co/xldMygNyu7 2 days ago
- Happy Feast Day to our parishes St. Gerald Majella and St. Marguerite D'Youville! #archatl https://t.co/MTLN57JBWz 3 days ago