Welcome to the Archdiocese of Atlanta
The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- December 18, 2018JASPER—Our Lady of the Mountains Church is a forerunner in having a hearing loop system installed, enabling those with hearing loss to fully participate in Mass.
- December 14, 2018ROME (CNS)—Pope Francis made surprise visits Dec. 7 and 8 to people receiving medical care far from their homes, to a dozen intellectually challenged young people and to the staff of a major Rome newspaper.
- December 10, 2018Archbishop Gregory talks about what makes Mary an Advent woman in his latest column, “What I Have Seen and Heard.”
- December 4, 2018DECATUR—Deacon Alfred Mitchell gets up daily at 5:30 a.m., whether he has somewhere to go or not.
- November 30, 2018WASHINGTON (CNS) — The archbishop who chairs the U.S. bishops’ Committee on Pro-Life Activities cheered news that the abortion rate in the United States continues to shrink, as does the number of abortions overall.
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- https://t.co/KFyChXDY84 13 hours ago
- Today in Ministry - Archbishop Gregory blessed a new cross outside of the Chancery done by artist Tim Schmalz.… https://t.co/68xpJcejXi 17 hours ago
- Be sure to check the @USCCB Advent Calendar for readings, reflections and more! #Advent #Catholic… https://t.co/A6cGmORggc 19 hours ago
- Estamos compartiendo algunos aspectos destacados de 2018. ¡Este año, la comunidad de Clarkston destacó las contribu… https://t.co/O5cWzMaHqd 2 days ago
- RT @CatholicNewsSvc : Pope celebrates his birthday with clients of Vatican pediatric clinic https://t.co/OUtwkZ8RFc https://t.co/Wm7WSF2Icd 2 days ago