The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- March 24, 2023Atlanta, Georgia–The Most Rev. Gregory J. Hartmayer, OFM Conv., archbishop of Atlanta, released the following statement regarding the release of the Georgia Prosecuting Attorneys’ Council (PAC) report on the review of files related to clergy abuse in the Catholic Church in Georgia.
- March 24, 2023ATLANTA—The Prosecuting Attorneys’ Council of Georgia (PAC) released a report on its independent review of child sexual abuse cases in the Archdiocese of Atlanta and Diocese of Savannah March 24.
- March 23, 2023VAL DE BRIEY, France (OSV News)–Four years after a devastating fire, the date of the reopening of Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris has been set for Dec. 8, 2024, at 11:15 a.m., according to Philippe Villeneuve, the architect leading the reconstruction.
- March 21, 2023KENNESAW—A new high school featuring a classical education on the campus of St. Catherine of Siena Church achieved a milestone with the recent hiring of a headmaster, along with naming its faculty.
- March 19, 2023ATHENS—Prayers for the intercession of St. Peregrine were added to the morning announcements at Monsignor Donovan High School as two of its students had their lives altered by cancer.
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- Today we remember the millions of African people who were enslaved, and all their descendants who have and continue… https://t.co/iVmEmycUzC 3 days ago
- Communities come together during fish fry dinners for fellowship, community fundraisers, simple meals and much more… https://t.co/Vvxkx1aiQh 4 days ago
- Our virtual Prison Ministry Information Session is open to everyone. We will share information about training and b… https://t.co/V8f59qGtiB 5 days ago
- ATLANTA—Travelers going through Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport now have the Blessed Sacrament to… https://t.co/UZkShByge5 6 days ago
- This Lent, we will pray the Stations of the Cross for all victims of state violence and reflect on the parallels be… https://t.co/dlaU7uNJ6A 7 days ago