Welcome to the Archdiocese of Atlanta
The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- July 18, 2019COLLEGE PARK—Bishop Robert Reed encouraged Catholics at the annual Eucharistic Congress to draw close to “Jesus, our dearest friend” as they journey through life.
- July 16, 2019CONYERS—On a warm summer morning on the Solemnity of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, family, friends and religious celebrated the ordinations of Brother Cassian Russell and Brother Peter Damian Spera to the priesthood.
- July 16, 2019WASHINGTON (CNS)—The Trump administration announced the U.S. departments of Justice and Homeland Security are adopting an interim “third country rule.”
- July 12, 2019St. John Neumann Catholic Church in Lilburn has responded to Pope Francis’ environmental message.
- July 11, 2019COLLEGE PARK—Middle and high school students from various parishes attended this year’s teen track at the Eucharistic Congress, held on June 22.
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- Mary is the Mother who watches over us, her children, on our journey through life, often weary and in need, anxious… https://t.co/Nip6lmWRri 1 hour ago
- Read this article in The Georgia Bulletin. https://t.co/omer61INYC #archatl Lea este artículo en The Georgia Bullet… https://t.co/ie1e4GC8SN 22 hours ago
- Happy Feast Day to Our Lady of the Mount Catholic Church. Shout out to our parish in Lookout Mountain! Estamos cel… https://t.co/XiQ833EBSz 2 days ago
- And I tell you, ask and you will receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. Luke 11… https://t.co/eoW5FyIrO9 3 days ago
- Kateri Tekakwitha is revered today as the first Native American saint, and is an example of purity, prayer, and end… https://t.co/WG4iA5dDGU 4 days ago