The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- June 24, 2022Archbishop Gregory J. Hartmayer, OFM Conv., released the following statement regarding today’s Supreme Court decision in Dobbs vs. Jackson Women’s Health Organization
- June 20, 2022ATLANTA—A fresh invitation to provide Catholic education to local families begins this summer.
- June 18, 2022ATLANTA—The Cathedral of Christ the King recently announced that the marble replica of Michelangelo’s Pietà will become a permanent installation of the cathedral.
- June 16, 2022COLLEGE PARK—The Eucharistic Congress returns June 17-18 following a two-year pandemic hiatus. The 25th Congress at the Georgia International Convention Center (GICC) will include a new family track, a Friday food drive in partnership with the Society of St. Vincent de Paul and veneration of relics to launch a period of eucharistic renewal.
- June 14, 2022WASHINGTON (CNS)—In response to the multiple mass shootings in recent weeks, the chairmen of four U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops’ committees sent a letter to Congress urging lawmakers to “stop the massacres of innocent lives.”
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- RT @theQuestAtlanta : Tune in July 7th at 11am for Peace and All Good with Archbishop Hartmayer. Archbishop will talk with Shane Provost fro… 59 minutes ago
- Thank you to everyone who donated to the St. Vincent de Paul Food Drive during our 25th Annual Eucharistic Congress… https://t.co/VgmRgNpAUL 1 day ago
- Checkout the big reveal for the Eucharistic Revival National Logo! https://t.co/HomGqdxf4D 3 days ago
- Take a look back at the history of the Eucharistic Congress . https://t.co/EOTP3kfyB3 4 days ago
- Some of these stories are joyful while others will break your heart. Michele works for Pregnancy Aid Clinic. https://t.co/u5WmwrUo3o 4 days ago