Welcome to the Archdiocese of Atlanta
The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- December 9, 2018Archbishop Gregory talks about what makes Mary an Advent woman in his latest column, “What I Have Seen and Heard.”
- December 5, 2018Holy Spirit Catholic Church will host the relic of St. Jean Marie Vianney’s incorrupt heart on Friday, December 7 and Saturday, December 8, as part of a national tour in the United States.
- December 4, 2018DECATUR—Deacon Alfred Mitchell gets up daily at 5:30 a.m., whether he has somewhere to go or not.
- November 30, 2018WASHINGTON (CNS) — The archbishop who chairs the U.S. bishops’ Committee on Pro-Life Activities cheered news that the abortion rate in the United States continues to shrink, as does the number of abortions overall.
- November 27, 2018ATLANTA—It was February 1998 when Aaron Parr, a fourth-grader at St. Thomas More School, Decatur, shared the front page of The Georgia Bulletin with Sister of Notre Dame de Namur Rita Adele Comber under the headline “Celebrating Excellence in Education.” It was Catholic Schools Week.
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- Meet Cathal and Jessie, managers of the Central Night Shelter at the @ShrineAtlanta in the latest @georgiabulletin … https://t.co/ahn1Q2G4bc 4 hours ago
- https://t.co/9wsumNQQrB 8 hours ago
- Today is the Second Sunday of Advent! Join us as we reflect on this week's readings. #ScriptureSunday #Advent… https://t.co/yi6es3j9GF 10 hours ago
- https://t.co/TRKKuDEoYt 1 day ago
- Today we celebrate the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Shout out to… https://t.co/RPuOt82AOd 1 day ago