Welcome to the Archdiocese of Atlanta
The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- October 16, 2018BATON ROUGE, La. (CNS)—Out of the darkness of unspeakable tragedy, a light is rising, spreading a transformation of resurgence and, perhaps most importantly, one of faith.
- October 12, 2018Please pray for the repose of the soul of Mary Anne Castranio, who passed away on Friday, October 12 in Washington, DC.
- October 12, 2018It does not take a very long time to establish Catholic traditions—especially the happy ones. I take particular pride in having introduced our archdiocese to the annual fall celebration of the 50th and 60th wedding jubilees of our long-married couples during my first year as Archbishop of Atlanta.
- October 9, 2018ATLANTA—Msgr. Dan Stack, pastor of St. Thomas Aquinas Church in Alpharetta, will lead a five-day pilgrimage to the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Mexico City March 1-5, 2019.
- October 6, 2018VATICAN CITY (CNS)—Less than five months after updating the statutes of the Dicastery for Laity, the Family and Life, Pope Francis named a new slate of members of the Vatican office, including U.S. law professor Helen Alvare, Archbishop Wilton Gregory of Atlanta and Cardinal Gerald Lacroix of Quebec.
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- RT @MundeleinSem : Seminarian John Washington (Pre-Theology II, @archatl ) wanted a summer cultural experience. He found it by joining his br… 11 hours ago
- Join us and @AJCGlobal next week for "Repairing the World: Finding Unity in Our Diversity" on Thursday, October 25.… https://t.co/CRN5N4Pb8i 15 hours ago
- RT @MsgrDonovanHS : We are honored that the Most Reverend Wilton Gregory, Archbishop of the @archatl , will celebrate Mass for the Donovan co… 15 hours ago
- So proud of an amazing team. RT @georgiabulletin : The @georgiabulletin was put to bed. The first issue without our… https://t.co/1lswYBay4b 18 hours ago
- RT @ATLvocations : Women (ages 19 – 45) who are discerning a religious vocation are invited to join the Dominican Sisters of Hawthorne for a… 19 hours ago