Welcome to the Archdiocese of Atlanta
The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- March 15, 2019Archbishop Gregory encourages us to give up brutal speech during this Lenten season in his latest column, “What I Have Seen and Heard.”
- March 12, 2019WASHINGTON (CNS)—Just over four months after Pope Francis forced Bishop Martin D. Holley to step down as bishop of Memphis, Tennessee, he named Bishop David P. Talley of Alexandria, Louisiana, to lead the diocese.
- March 8, 2019Did you know, we’ve been making this sign of the cross since as early as the third century? That makes it a tradition going back 1,800 years.
- March 5, 2019Ash Wednesday begins our journey to the cross and passion of Christ, not only as historical events (which they are), but also as real moments in our own lives of faith.
- March 1, 2019SNELLVILLE—Over 300 teens from 13 parishes gathered together at St. Oliver Plunkett Church in Snellville for a local World Youth Day Rally on Jan. 26.
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- RT @CCharitiesUSA : Happy #InternationalDayofHappiness 😊Here is some #WednesdayWisdom from Mother Teresa. How can you spread happiness to ot… 39 minutes ago
- RT @FormDisciples : Hope springs eternal. Just as a new plant springs out of the gown, so too can new disciples be grown and cultivated. Lea… 4 hours ago
- Calling all runners, joggers and walkers! Join Emory St. Joseph’s Hospital for their 3rd annual “Run for Mercy” 5k… https://t.co/BZA50ruXif 5 hours ago
- Happy Feast Day St. Joseph! Shout out to our parishes in Norcross, Dalton and Washington! ¡Que vivan! #saints… https://t.co/fllBlOf0na 23 hours ago
- RT @EWTNespanol : Recordemos algunos de los momentos mas bellos de la Santa Misa Inaugural del pontificado del Papa Francisco, el 19 de marz… 1 day ago