Welcome to the Archdiocese of Atlanta
The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- May 24, 2019Upon the installation of The Most Reverend Wilton Daniel Gregory as Archbishop of Washington DC on May 21, and in accordance with Canon 421 of the Code of Canon Law, this afternoon…
- May 23, 2019Supporters of new Washington Archbishop Wilton Gregory came from near and far to attend his Installation Mass at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception on May 21.
- May 23, 2019KENNESAW—More than 500 Catholics from as far as Colorado gathered on Saturday, March 31, at St. Catherine of Siena Church in Kennesaw. They filled the sanctuary for the “Faith and Love Conference: Understanding and Explaining the Church’s Teaching on Marriage and Human Sexuality.”
- May 20, 2019During his time as a bishop, Archbishop Wilton Gregory – who will be installed as the new archbishop of Washington on May 21 — has been outspoken about social justice issues like abortion, the death penalty, poverty, racism, and caring for the environment, and he often draws connections between how those issues affect the dignity of the human person.
- May 19, 2019ATLANTA—An innovative program equipping parishes with catechetical leaders trained in Spanish for ministry has graduated its third class.
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- New interim leader for Atlanta Archdiocese @georgiabulletin https://t.co/9ohrIHhLu8 12 hours ago
- Thank you to Holy Spirit College for a being a sponsor of this year's Eucharistic Congress! #ATLEC2019 ¡Agradecemo… https://t.co/JjhHwvAlxE 14 hours ago
- Be sure to check out Bishop Robert Reed at the Exposition, Adoration, and Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament at t… https://t.co/BwtzhotVmT 1 day ago
- The Eucharistic Congress is almost here. Don’t forget to download this year’s Eucharistic Congress App. #ATLEC2019… https://t.co/aX1Pw2FatA 3 days ago
- Our former Archdiocese of Atlanta Auxiliary Bishops- (L to R) @BishopDavidT ,Catholic Diocese of Memphis in Tenness… https://t.co/Z5TqEZbhIw 3 days ago