Welcome to the Archdiocese of Atlanta
The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- March 15, 2019Archbishop Gregory encourages us to give up brutal speech during this Lenten season in his latest column, “What I Have Seen and Heard.”
- March 12, 2019WASHINGTON (CNS)—Just over four months after Pope Francis forced Bishop Martin D. Holley to step down as bishop of Memphis, Tennessee, he named Bishop David P. Talley of Alexandria, Louisiana, to lead the diocese.
- March 8, 2019Did you know, we’ve been making this sign of the cross since as early as the third century? That makes it a tradition going back 1,800 years.
- March 5, 2019Ash Wednesday begins our journey to the cross and passion of Christ, not only as historical events (which they are), but also as real moments in our own lives of faith.
- March 1, 2019SNELLVILLE—Over 300 teens from 13 parishes gathered together at St. Oliver Plunkett Church in Snellville for a local World Youth Day Rally on Jan. 26.
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- RT @HolySpiritPrep : Lower School mathletes competed in their first tournament this week. 3rd and 6th grade teams won 1st place! Luke (3rd… 6 hours ago
- Make an impact this Lenten season by participating in the @CRSRiceBowl . Learn more at https://t.co/n8KUMIuDm8 https://t.co/EJOYIailp1 7 hours ago
- RT @CristoReyATL : Catholic Health World featured our partnership with Emory St. Joseph's Hospital in a recent article. We are grateful for… 12 hours ago
- Happy Feast Day St. Patrick! Shout out to our parish in Norcross! ¡Que viva! #saints #feastday #Catholic #archatl https://t.co/WjnQlD70Tp 1 day ago
- Today we celebrate St. Patrick's Day! What are your favorite traditions? Tweet us your comments! #Catholic… https://t.co/SIwRypjrkS 1 day ago