The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- September 17, 2021ATLANTA—In a Sept. 8 memo to his priests, Archbishop Gregory J. Hartmayer, OFM Conv., outlined how the Archdiocese of Atlanta will implement Pope Francis’ Motu Proprio “Traditionis Custodes.”
- September 16, 2021ROSWELL—Lauren Leszynski and a crew of her classmates at Blessed Trinity High School started around 8:30 a.m. to place 3,000 flags.
- September 9, 2021ATLANTA—Father Kevin Peek is the new coordinator of Prison and Hospital Ministries for the Archdiocese of Atlanta.
- September 7, 2021ATLANTA–Alan Chadwick, the longtime leader of the Marist War Eagles football team, achieved an extraordinary feat among high school coaches.
- September 5, 2021ATLANTA—More than 9,200 people across 16 dioceses attended this year’s virtual Southeast Catechist Conference.
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- “Dejen que los niños se acerquen a mí y no se lo impidan, porque el Reino de Dios es de los que son como ellos. Les… https://t.co/Wdg8gSvhtH 21 hours ago
- Want to engage your parish or school in this year's Eucharistic Congress? Speak with your pastor/principal about be… https://t.co/N7X3taqWAZ 2 days ago
- We celebrate the contributions of Hispanic Americans to our community. #HispanicHeritageMonth Este mes celebramos… https://t.co/ErROXNvzWk 4 days ago
- RT @StPiusXAtlanta : Congratulations to senior Brett Baker on earning his Eagle Scout Award. His project was building a storage shed at the… 4 days ago
- For two years, the Rebellion has been dormant. Next summer, we rise. Join us in the fight against hunger on June 17… https://t.co/y3QrD1OsFF 5 days ago