Welcome to the Archdiocese of Atlanta
The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- January 14, 2020ATLANTA–Father Walter Wilford Foley, a priest of the Archdiocese of Atlanta for more than 43 years, died Saturday, Jan. 11. He was 91 years old.
- January 13, 2020ATLANTA—All of us have faced difficulties in life. Whether it is job loss, divorce, financial stress, death or other challenges, we know that life is not always fair or kind.
- January 9, 2020ATLANTA—It’s the time of the year when millions of Americans are buckling down to their New Year’s resolutions.
- January 2, 2020PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti—Devastated by earthquake, cholera and hurricane over the past decade, Haiti now approached year’s end with escalating food scarcity, violence and political turmoil.
- December 26, 2019NORCROSS—Standing in the new soaring church, Father Francis Tuan Tran recalled his escape from Vietnam in 1987, fleeing first by land to Cambodia and then by boat to Thailand.
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- Hoy comienza la Semana de Oración por la Unidad de los Cristianos ... ora junto a nuestros hermanos cristianos por… https://t.co/KjJRKKb8MI 18 hours ago
- Read this article in The Georgia Bulletin. #archatl Lea este artículo en The Georgia Bulletin. https://t.co/GqK16oDsQo 2 days ago
- #9daysforlife is coming up quick! Don’t miss the opportunity to sign up for text and email reflections from Jan. 2… https://t.co/mxvwWTL5lS 3 days ago
- Registration for Starve Wars: Episode V is open! Join us on June 12 at the GICC at one of our two morning meal pa… https://t.co/3ozuvijjtq 4 days ago
- Join us for the 31st annual Mass for the Unborn and Youth Rally for Life on January 22, 2020. Acompáñanos a nuestr… https://t.co/e1SP9tsJe1 5 days ago