Welcome to the Archdiocese of Atlanta
The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- February 15, 2019SMYRNA—Archbishop Wilton D. Gregory honored leaders in youth ministry and graduates of a University of Dayton faith formation certificate program during a Monday, Jan. 14 parish catechetical leader awards luncheon at the Chancery of the archdiocese.
- February 12, 2019Archbishop Gregory reflects on the power of images in his column, “What I Have Seen and Heard.”
- February 8, 2019ATLANTA—Eight men were ordained to serve as permanent deacons in the Archdiocese of Atlanta on Saturday, Jan. 26 at the Cathedral of Christ the King.
- February 6, 2019Read Archbishop Gregory’s homily from our 2019 Mass for the Unborn as well as a word from our Director of Respect Life Ministry.
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- Today we pray that the leaders of our nation will ensure everyone may enjoy freedom, security, and peace.… https://t.co/7F9Rk9sGcK 3 hours ago
- Read about this year's Mass for the Unborn and Stand for Life in the @georgiabulletin https://t.co/9hxYWcdjiS https://t.co/jNb9W1Og50 1 day ago
- RT @USCCB : Readings for the Sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time: https://t.co/X2fWfi9m81 #SundayReadings https://t.co/ioPYVZ9epJ 1 day ago
- We continue to celebrate Black History Month. #February #BlackHistory #BlackHistoryMonth #archatl https://t.co/ocJWqrs25V 2 days ago
- RT @CatholicNewsSvc : McCarrick removed from the priesthood after being found guilty of abuse https://t.co/twQghoXuD3 https://t.co/Y22vDndQaQ 2 days ago