Welcome to the Archdiocese of Atlanta
The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- February 13, 2020VATICAN CITY (CNS)—Pope Francis told a group of U.S. bishops that, like them, he is accused of not being courageous or not listening to the Holy Spirit when he says or does something someone disagrees with—like not mentioning married priests in his document on the Amazon.
- February 11, 2020MARIETTA—Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Atlanta marked Catholic Schools Week Jan. 26-Feb. 1, a national observance focusing on faith-building, academic and community contributions of the schools. This year’s theme was “Catholic Schools: Learn. Serve. Lead. Succeed.”
- February 11, 2020ROME (CNS)—Just as Christ spent his ministry healing and comforting the sick and the needy, bishops also must be a sign of charity in their dioceses, said Bishop Peter J. Jugis of Charlotte, North Carolina.
- February 7, 2020FOREST PARK—As the faithful gathered at the Cathedral of Christ the King for the annual Mass for the Unborn, staff at the Pregnancy Aid Clinic prepared for a day of pregnancy tests, ultrasounds and classes.
- February 6, 2020ATLANTA—“I’m Deacon Jim,” said Deacon James Grebe as he greeted well-wishers at the Cathedral of Christ the King.
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- “For a nation to be just, it must be a society that recognizes and respects the legitimate rights of individuals an… https://t.co/Ag1aQgRc1K 21 hours ago
- RT @georgiabulletin : @amazingparish stopped by @archatl today for a one day workshop to support pastors and parish leaders. Read about an e… 22 hours ago
- Read this article in The Georgia Bulletin. Link in bio. #archatl Lea este artículo en The Georgia Bulletin. https://t.co/UZ01OjL9IN 2 days ago
- “Give thanks to the LORD, invoke his name; make known among the peoples his deeds! Sing praise to him, play music;… https://t.co/Xp7n47LC3J 3 days ago
- “El matrimonio es algo tan lindo, tan hermoso, que tenemos que cuidarlo, porque es para siempre”. –Papa Fran… https://t.co/nlV2c8OKN8 4 days ago