Welcome to the Archdiocese of Atlanta
The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
INDIANAPOLIS (CNS)—The theme of the National Catholic Youth Conference in Indianapolis was “Called.”
Archbishop Gregory expresses his support for Dreamers in his column, “What I Have Seen and Heard.”
JACKSON, Miss. (CNS)—A good talk with your mother every day could improve your health. At least, that’s what’s happened for immigrants in one Mississippi community.
ATLANTA—Marist School has announced that its principal, Marist Father Joel M. Konzen, has been appointed the school’s president by Father Paul Frechette, SM, provincial superior of the Society of ...
Archbishop Gregory talks about the 100-year-old bishop conference in his column, “What I Have Seen and Heard.”
STONE MOUNTAIN—Hundreds of people came out to celebrate the eighth annual Pan African Mass and celebration on Oct. 21. The gathering was at Corpus Christi Church, Stone Mountain.
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- Read about the Holy Name of Jesus Mission dedication in the latest @georgiabulletin https://t.co/pU7Q5nBfdh https://t.co/rXM4a1voRm 15 hours ago
- Durante esta segunda semana de Adviento, reza la coronilla de la Divina Misericordia y reflexiona sobre la manera e… https://t.co/x9vGMhIogI 18 hours ago
- Join us for our Catholic-Orthodox Ecumenical Gathering on December 18th! https://t.co/4UUK5H38n0 https://t.co/AqRQ5exJYb 20 hours ago
- Conoce los detalles y los avances de nuestro Plan Pastoral en https://t.co/XqRydYWG4F #PastoralPlan https://t.co/pPsYp7M4qB 22 hours ago
- Today's readings: "Whoever has ears ought to hear..." https://t.co/T1aC5jhwyK En español: https://t.co/he8VRwdN3F https://t.co/wYfXQwoWBu 1 day ago