Welcome to the Archdiocese of Atlanta
The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- June 14, 2019ATLANTA—Surrounded by clergy, religious and family, Mark A. White, 48, was ordained to the priesthood on Saturday, June 1 at the Cathedral of Christ the King in Atlanta.
- June 14, 2019ATLANTA—Mike Barry, former parishioner of St. Philip Benizi Church in Jonesboro, has made dozens of mission trips to Ghana, forging a bond with the people of the West African nation.
- U.S. Bishops Vote in Favor of Three Additional Bishop Accountability Measures During Baltimore General AssemblyJune 13, 2019BALTIMORE— Today, U.S. Catholic Bishops have approved three additional measures to address abuse and bishop accountability during their annual Spring General Assembly in Baltimore.
- Chairman of U.S. Bishops’ Committee on Migration Applauds House for Passing Legislation That Gives Permanent Legal Protection to Dreamers and Temporary Protected Status (TPS) HoldersJune 7, 2019WASHINGTON— Bishop Joe S. Vásquez of Austin, Chairman of the USCCB Committee on Migration, applauds the House of Representatives for passing the American Dream and Promise Act of 2019 (H.R. 6), legislation that would provide a pathway to citizenship for qualifying Dreamers and TPS and Deferred Enforced Departure (DED) holders.
- U.S. Bishops’ Pro-Life Chairman Strongly Commends Trump Administration for Discontinuing Fetal Tissue Research at NIHJune 7, 2019WASHINGTON—Yesterday, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services announced that it will discontinue research conducted within the National Institutes of Health (NIH) involving the use of human fetal tissue from elective abortion and it will ensure that efforts to develop ethical alternatives are funded and accelerated.
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- The Eucharistic Congress is one week away! Don’t forget to download the app for this year’s conference #ATLEC2019… https://t.co/vrIXMHlxnp 7 hours ago
- Starve Wars is officially one week away! Don’t forget to register at https://t.co/87tOnSPO0k. #ATLEC2019 ¡Starve W… https://t.co/cQegEoogwF 1 day ago
- Be sure to check out Epic the Band in the Teen Track at this year’s Eucharistic Congress! #ATLEC2019 ¡Asegúrese de… https://t.co/kMUyOn6D6Z 2 days ago
- Happy Feast Day to St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church in Atlanta & St. Anthony Catholic Church in Blue Ridge!… https://t.co/MVYltPU6CF 3 days ago
- Read this article in The Georgia Bulletin. Link in bio #archatl Lea este artículo en The Georgia Bulletin. https://t.co/98X5e3hcue 3 days ago