Welcome to the Archdiocese of Atlanta
The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- August 16, 2018My heart and the hearts of our archdiocesan faith community are with the people of God in Pennsylvania and throughout the country.
- August 9, 2018Read Archbishop Gregory’s response to the resignation of Theodore McCarrick on The Georgia Bulletin website.
- View Archbishop Gregory’s 2002 United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) Presidential AddressAugust 9, 2018Click the title to view Archbishop Gregory’s 2002 United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) Presidential Address.
- August 9, 2018If you or a loved one has been hurt or abused by a member of the clergy, an employee, or volunteer of the Archdiocese of Atlanta, we are here to listen and take action.
- August 8, 2018MARIETTA—On April 19, Archbishop Wilton D. Gregory celebrated Mass and the sacrament of confirmation for a group on young people…
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- RT @CatholicNewsSvc : Here are some key events in the U.S. church’s response to allegations of #sexabuse during the past 35 years. https://t… 14 hours ago
- Join the Monastery of the Holy Spirit for their "Sustainable Gardening for the Southeast" Symposium on September 8!… https://t.co/eW1j6Rtn7N 16 hours ago
- It's #ScriptureSunday! Join us as we reflect on this week's readings. https://t.co/LZbcvOtf1q En español:… https://t.co/x7Lt82xtp4 22 hours ago
- Happy Feast Day St. Helena! Shout out to our parish in Clayton! #Saints #Catholic #FeastDay https://t.co/gZ8wgkUlNp 2 days ago
- RT @FormDisciples : It’s not every day you can get a Papal selfie, especially with TWO of them! #atlantacc #popefrancis #saintjpii https://t… 2 days ago