The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- April 18, 2021NEWNAN–In a matter of minutes a powerful nighttime tornado in late March destroyed businesses and homes in western Coweta county, leaving many families without a place to live.
- April 16, 2021SINSINAWA, Wis.—Sister Marie Sullivan, OP, will mark her 70th jubilee this year, along with nine other Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa commemorating 70 years.
- April 15, 2021ATLANTA–Sixteen priests serving in the Archdiocese of Atlanta celebrate milestone anniversaries of their ordinations to the priesthood this year.
- April 14, 2021ATLANTA—Sixteen priests were honored for their years of ministry in the Archdiocese of Atlanta when Archbishop Gregory J. Hartmayer, OFM Conv., celebrated the second Chrism Mass shaped by the pandemic.
- April 8, 2021ATLANTA—Catechetical leaders from parishes throughout the Archdiocese of Atlanta were celebrated for their years of service, dedication and accomplishments on March 15.
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- Yo soy la vid, ustedes los sarmientos; el que permanece en mí y yo en él, ése da fruto abundante, porque sin mí nad… https://t.co/IPSD3Ti6NM 9 hours ago
- RT @CathSchoolsATL : Congratulations to Gretchen Conboy from @OLASchoolATL on receiving this honor! We are so grateful to have you on our t… 1 day ago
- Read the story on how Catholics are encourging long-term support to help the Newnan tornado recovery. Only at the G… https://t.co/zWydkMQZqF 1 day ago
- Read the story on how Catholics are encourging long-term support to help the Newnan tornado recovery. Only at the G… https://t.co/aFrepI9WaC 1 day ago
- Envía, Señor, tu Espíritu, a renovar la tierra. Aleluya. –Salmo 103, 30 https://t.co/84f9pef7TT 2 days ago