Welcome to the Archdiocese of Atlanta
The Archdiocese of Atlanta was elevated on February 21, 1962, from the Diocese of Atlanta which was established on July 2, 1956. The archdiocese encompasses 21,445 square miles and comprises 69 counties in north and central Georgia.
News & Headlines
- May 26, 2020ATLANTA—“God is always at work to orient the person toward the discovery of a higher dimension of living—of a more useful self-giving and service to our brothers and sisters.”
- May 22, 2020SMYRNA—Archbishop Gregory J. Hartmayer, OFM Conv., conveys the following priest assignments, effective July 1.
- May 19, 2020ATLANTA—As restaurants started to close their doors because of the COVID-19 pandemic, many people lost income, compromising their ability to feed themselves and their families.
- May 18, 2020ATLANTA–Archbishop Gregory J. Hartmayer, OFM Conv., has announced a schedule and conditions for the resumption of in-parish worship and access to church buildings in the Archdiocese of Atlanta.
- May 15, 2020ATLANTA—In the weeks between his March appointment as Archbishop of Atlanta and the official installation on May 6, Archbishop Gregory Hartmayer, OFM Conv., shared warm words for the people of the Diocese of Savannah and the more than eight years of service there.
Archdiocese of Atlanta on Twitter
- Archbishop Hartmayer gives his prayers and thanks to the medical professionals during our current pandemic. El Arz… https://t.co/NGGQG3TtkW 9 hours ago
- Today, we pray for those who lost their lives for our freedom. #MemorialDay https://t.co/PEKWXl7aJA 1 day ago
- Archbishop Gregory Hartmayer has his own sign in American Sign Language! How did that happen? Watch the video to fi… https://t.co/RlNSwTNyTf 2 days ago
- Our global Church is observing the 5th anniversary of Laudato Si’ with a World Day of Prayer today at noon. All ar… https://t.co/a0isD5lUUD 2 days ago
- Today, on the Feast of the Ascension, the church celebrates the return of Christ to the Father, his physical body l… https://t.co/QBNAe82ArN 3 days ago