I was in prison and you visited me … Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.” Matthew 25:36, 40
Prison Ministry is called to serve the Archbishop as he responds to Matthew 25, by providing support, sharing of resources and training opportunities to all who minister to those incarcerated in prisons and jails in the Archdiocese of Atlanta.
Christmas on Death Row
In this season of peace and love, consider opening your heart to our brothers incarcerated on Death Row.Restorative Justice Ministry will be purchasing items for Christmas packages, and organizing the packing and delivery of our gifts to the men on Death Row at the Georgia Diagnostic and Classification State Prison in Jackson. Packages will include socks, soap, candy, composition books and more. We ask you to prayerfully consider offering financial assistance for this project.
Purpose & Goals
- Assist with recruitment, training and support for all prison and jail ministers and volunteers.
- Work with clergy and volunteers to help resolve issues relative to prison and jail ministry.
- Provide an advocacy forum for clergy and volunteers ministering in prisons and/or jails.
- Network with organizations on the local and national level, including but not limited to Kairos, Knights of Malta and Catholic Prison Ministries Coalition.
- Assist with establishing and maintain database of Catholic presence in jails and prisons.