I was in prison and you visited me … Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.” Matthew 25:36, 40
Prison Ministry is called to serve the Archbishop as he responds to Matthew 25, by providing support, sharing of resources and training opportunities to all who minister to those incarcerated in prisons and jails in the Archdiocese of Atlanta.
Purpose & Goals
- Assist with recruitment, training and support for all prison and jail ministers and volunteers.
- Work with clergy and volunteers to help resolve issues relative to prison and jail ministry.
- Provide an advocacy forum for clergy and volunteers ministering in prisons and/or jails.
- Network with organizations on the local and national level, including but not limited to Kairos, Knights of Malta and Catholic Prison Ministries Coalition.
- Assist with establishing and maintain database of Catholic presence in jails and prisons.