Upcoming Workshop Schedule
Witness to Love is unique in its approach because of two aspects: 1) it fosters understanding of the marriage covenant by having both the engaged and mentor couple attend the diocesan workshop on marriage. 2) It fosters developing key relationships to help engaged couples feel more connected to the parish family, decreasing the chances of falling away from parish life after the marriage. Couples also choose their mentor couple (within certain parameters), whom they already trust. This often has the effect of not only enriching the lives of the engaged, but also that of the mentor couple. Deep and lasting parish renewal is often experienced by parishes using this model. The Witness to Love approach also works seamlessly with the FOCCUS or Prepare/Enrich inventory programs.
Engaged couples interested in participating in the Witness to Love program must be in a parish that has a trained Witness to Love Marriage Prep Coordinator who will facilitate the process. The Witness to Love process can be summarized in the following 8 steps:
- Meeting with Clergy
- Coaching Session with Marriage Prep Coordinator and Mentor Couple
- Monthly Meetings with Mentor Couple using Workbooks and Videos
- Parish/Diocesan Engaged Couples Retreat (Mentors Invited)
- Theology Discussion and Meal at Mentor’s Home
- Both Couples Welcomed to the Parish and Invited to Small Groups
- Wedding Day!
- Continued Accompaniment by Mentor Couple and Parish Community
What are the times of the workshops?
9:00am to 4:00pm
What should we bring?
Just yourselves and a light sweater or jacket if you have a tendency to get cold.
How much does it cost? How do we register?
The workshop is $80.00 per engaged couple. As volunteers, mentor couples attend for free. Registration is done online.