Respect Life Month
Respect Life Month is celebrated throughout October. It is an opportunity to promote the dignity of all human life and work toward protecting the most vulnerable in our society.
2018 Respect Life Month Events
Holy Hour for Life & Movie – Monday, October 8th at 7 pm in the chapel at St. Brigid Catholic Church in Johns Creek. Afterward, there will be an optional book discussion. Friday October 12th the St. Brigid Respect Life group will be seeing the new film Gosnell, a drama about the 2014 prosecution of abortionist Dr. Kermit Gosnell (www.gosnellmovie.com). Contact Cathy Schneider at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Life Chain is an annual event promoting the culture of life and an end to abortion. It takes place each year on Respect Life Sunday, which this year is October 7th. People come together for prayer & witness by lining the sidewalks in highly visible locations where vehicle traffic will notice your pro-life signs.
Find your local Life Chain by visiting http://www.lifechain.net/.
The alternative date for Life Chain is Sunday, October 28, 2018.
Participating parishes: Catholic Church of St. Ann, St. Peter’s in LaGrange, St. Brigid, Christ the King
Join local sites during the fall campaign of 40 Days for Life as we pray for an end to abortion. The campaign is September 26, 2018 to November 4, 2018. Sign up for prayer vigils at the following links.
Contact Ruth Booklam for more info at Ruth.email@example.com.
Catholic Theology on End of Life, By Deacon Mark Scholander & Deacon Mark Friedlein
- Tue, Oct 2nd 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- Or Thur., Oct 4th 7:15 PM – 8:15 PM
Deacon Mark will speak on all aspects of Catholic Faith teachings when someone may or may not be near death.
GA Advance Directive, by Shane Smith, Attorney of Law
- Tue, Oct 9th 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- Or Thur., Oct 11th 7:15 PM – 8:15 PM
Mr. Smith will speak on GA Advanced Directives, what we need to know, what to think about, and how to get what we want.
Four Stepping Stones to Advanced Planning, by Ron Lee, Licensed Funeral Director.
- Tue, Oct 16th 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- Or Thur., Oct 18th 7:15 PM – 8:15 PM
Mr. Lee will speak on The Four Steps to Advanced Funeral Planning
Christ Redeemer in Dawsonville will be sponsoring a baby bottle drive to benefit the Pregnancy Aid Clinic and their mission of promoting the sanctity of human life as recognized in the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. Pregnancy Aid Clinic is the only Catholic pregnancy resource center in the State of Georgia to provide women with free pregnancy tests, ultrasounds, information, education, and earn-as-you-learn programs. We will be giving out flat baby bottles (an envelope) after all Masses to make it easy for contributions. Please support this life-saving mission with your prayers and donations www.pregnancyaidclinic.com.
- 10/5 Friday 8-9 PM: Respect Life Adoration at Pack Kenny Hall
- 10/13 & 10/27 Saturdays 8-9 AM: Prayerful Presence at Feminist Women’s Health Center, 1924 Cliff Valley Way NE, Atlanta, GA 30329
- 10/24 Wednesday 7-9 PM: Pro-life Apologist Presentation by Jay Watts of Life Training Institute Conference Room 1
- Sunday, October 7 – Healing Service in the church after 12:30 PM Mass. 2-3:30 PM LIFE CHAIN Abbotts Bridge Road (GA-120) and Parsons Road. Knights of Columbus will provide a light lunch at 1:30 p.m. for all participants.
- Monday, October 8, 7:00 p.m. – Rosary for Life and “Nine Days for Life” Novena Kick Off
- Sunday, October 14, after all morning Masses – Pancake and Bacon Breakfast. Donations will support local pregnancy resource centers.
- Saturday, October 20, after the 5:00 p.m. Mass – Dinner and Move Night in the PLC (Parish Life Center); “Sexual Revolution – 50 Years Since Humanae Vitae”
- Saturday-Sunday, October 20-21, after all Masses – Respect Life Baby Items Collection to benefit local pregnancy resource centers
- Saturday, October 27, after the 9:00 a.m. Mass – Rosary Prayer at Planned Parenthood. Group will car pool from the church.
For further details on any of these items, contact Sharon Mai, St. Benedict Respect Life Ministry Leader firstname.lastname@example.org, or 678-860-3239.