Respect Life Month
Respect Life Month is celebrated throughout October. It is an opportunity to promote the dignity of all human life and work toward protecting the most vulnerable in our society.
Activities by Parish
Other parishes may also have events, but these are the ones that responded when asked by the Respect Life Ministry. Please check with your parish to see what events may be in your area.
Christ the King, Cathedral
Prayer Vigils: Facebook Event
Join in a peaceful, silent and PRAYERFUL presence for those who can’t speak for themselves, pre-born babies. Take a stand for Life!
Sunday October 6th from 2:30-3:30pm EST.
Intersection of Hammond and Ashford Dunwoody by Perimeter Mall, mainly the right-of-way by the Mall itself, the North West corner of the intersection. (see attached map… the yellow is where to park… the blue is where people are standing)
The Life Chain has been happening at this location for about ten years in a row, and it is successful because of the visibility it gets being near Perimeter Mall.
You can park securely at the South East corner of Perimeter Mall and this is the exact location of the lot (1201 Hammond Dr. Dunwoody GA.)
*The Marta Dunwoody train station is a 6-7 minute walk (a quarter mile)…this may be an easy option for some* Let’s go green .
- Dan Segal- 678-697-9780 (Please only call if you’re having trouble finding us.)
- Publicize and participate in 40 Days for Life campaign and Kickoff meeting at St. Joseph (Marietta)
- Organized prayer group in front of Marietta Planned Parenthood location
- Publicize and participate in Life chains on October 6 (Woodstock and Roswell)
- Publicize and recruit parish teens at Teen Dash event on October 27
- 40 Days for Life- Sept 25- Nov. 6th St. Brigid will be taking the Friday hours to pray from 8am-2 pm outside the abortion clinic FEMS (Feminist Women’s Health Center) 1942 Cliff Valley Way Atlanta. We pray in groups of two in one hour shifts. Contact Cathy Schneider at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502-592-9123 to help with this very important stand for life. This public, prayerful witness literally saves babies lives. Come join us!
- Sunday, October 6th is Respect Life Sunday. The respect Life Committee will be on the landing with free merchandise for parishioners to help support the sanctity of life. They will also have prayer cards to spiritually adopt an unborn baby and their family and pray for them for the next 9 months. We will have a parish wide baby shower collection of needed items for families who choose life that will be donated to the pregnancy help centers near us.
- National Life Chain Sunday, October 6th from 2-3 pm. Please join our parish in taking a stand for life on our sidewalks in front of our church on Old Alabama from 2-3 pm on October 7th for the National Life Chain Event. This is where churches all across the country will stand in silent prayer for one hour to honor the sanctity of life. The Knights of Columbus will sponsor food for all those going to pray on the sidewalk beforehand at 1:30. Please come get a free light lunch before heading to the sidewalk. We are asked to wear RED signifying Jesus’ blood and His sacrificial death as well as the blood shed of innocent children.
- Holy Hour for Life-Monday, October 7th at 7 pm in The Blessed Sacrament Chapel led by Deacon Leo Gahafer. Our fellow parishioner, Jessica Daniels will begin the Holy Hour by sharing her moving life story of an unplanned pregnancy at the age of 20. Please come join us for one hour to pray for life. Please use picture attached of Jessica Daniels for the Holy Hour for life by its advertisement.
- Movie Unplanned Saturday, Oct. 26th in Corbett Hall at 6:15 pm. Dinner catered by Ippolitos. Dinner and the movie 10$ sign up now!
St. Oliver Plunkett
- Annual Life Chain on Rte. 78 in Snellville at 2:30 to 3:30 Life Chain Sunday Oct 6.
- Display of Respect Life banner along with white crosses on Church grounds for the month of October.
- Members of our parish pray at the Planned Parenthood clinic in Lawrenceville every Tuesday and Saturday.
St. Paul the Apostle
- Showing Unplanned movie on 9/21.
Mary Our Queen
- Dinner & A Movie at Mary Our Queen
- On Saturday, September 28, 2019, at 6:15 PM, please join us in Keirnan Hall for a catered Italian dinner and the movie, “UNPLANNED.” This movie was the huge box office success which tells the true story of how the youngest Planned Parenthood dIrector in history, Abby Johnson, saw the truth about abortion. Thanks to the prayer warriors of the 40 Days for Life campaign who prayed outside the abortion facility where she worked, her heart was changed, and she quit her job. Eventually, the abortion facility closed its doors, and Abby became a pro-life Roman Catholic who works to help other abortion workers quit their jobs. The movie is rated “R”, so parental discretion is advised. Watch Movie Trailer. Everyone is welcome to watch this life-changing movie for free, but a suggested donation of $10 for the dinner would be greatly appreciated. If you will be attending the movie and/or eating dinner, RSVP to Ellen at email@example.com to help us get a headcount. This event is being sponsored by the MOQ Pro Life Ministry & the MOQ Knights of Columbus.
- Unplanned showing is October 5 at 1:30 La Salette Hall across the side street from the St Ann’s 4905 Roswell Rd Marietta. And a second showing later in month, time to be announced, if we sellout, it’s free.
- Spiritual Adoption Baby Shower October 5 at 1:30 La Salette Hall of leave gifts in the wooden collection chest at each Narthex Door at each weekend Mass. Donations go to Pregnancy Aid Clinic. Diapers, onesies, bibs, wipes, pacifiers, crib sheets, blankets, outfits, and DIAPERS are the most needed item.
- 40 Days For Life at various abortion mills. We will offer a car pool times tba. Text or call 404-966-0698 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Life Chain October 13. 2:30 in front of St Ann’s along Roswell Rd.
- October 6 (Sun.) ~ Life Chain from 2-3:30pm
The National Life Chain is the largest peaceful, prayerful, pro-life public witness in the world. Please join us for Johns Creek/Duluth Life Chain as we stand on behalf of abortion’s many victims. This is St Benedict’s 2nd annual participation in this nationwide gathering to take a public stand and pray to end abortion. Strollers and lawn chairs are welcomed. Our Knights will provide a light lunch (hot dogs/chips/water) at 1:30pm as we gather at the Taylor Lodge Pavilion for instructions and signs pick up. For more details, please pick up a flyer in our hallway.
- October 8-16 ~ “Novena for Life” Kick Off
In leading our community in the spiritual fight to establish a culture of life – from the moment of conception to natural death in our nations, the Knights of Columbus is hosting a novena, 9 days of sustained prayer. They invite all parishioners to join in the Church. Remaining Novena dates will be on the flyer in the foyer & on our website.
- October 16 (Wed.) ~ St Gerard Majella Feast Day Rosary
This day falls beautifully on the end of the Novena for Life.
- October 19 (Sat.) ~ Dinner & Movie Night in the PLC at 6:30pm.
Now showing ~ ‘Unplanned’. Through the eyes of one woman who once believed she was doing good, we see the horror of abortion for what it truly is.
- October 19 & 20~ Respect Life Baby Items Collection
A full list of items can be found on a flier in the foyer & on our website – Parish Happenings.
- October 27 (Sun.) ~ Pancake & Bacon Breakfast After all morning masses
All donations made at this Pancake Breakfast will support local Respect Life Organizations & collections. Thank you for your generosity & always supporting our parish & local community.
- September 25 – November 3 ~ 40 Days for Life
Come with us to Planned Parenthood at the Lawrenceville location (9798 Lawrenceville-Suwanee Rd.,#300, Lawrenceville, GA 30043). Every Saturday morning right after the 9am Mass for an hour. Carpool is available right after the 9am Mass. Meet in church foyer: Saturdays Sep 28, Oct 5,12,19,26 & Nov 2. If you would like to go on Tuesdays 10-11AM to pray at Planned Parenthood, contact Maryjo, email@example.com. Learn more about 40 Days for Life at: http://www.40daysforlife.com
St. Joseph (Marietta)
- 24 – 40 Days for Life Fall Kickoff. Shawn Carney, Author & CEO, President & Co-Founder of 40 Days for Life will be the Keynote speaker.
- 40 Days for Life prayer chain at Planned Parenthood.
St. Michael the Archangel (Woodstock)
- Delivery of diapers, wipes, formula and baby toiletries to The Hope Center, a pregnancy center in Woodstock.
- Life Chain on October 6 on the grassy area next to Arnold Mill Road.
- Participation in 40 Days for Life Marietta campaign.
- Baby bottle campaign.
- Unplanned movie on October 6. Counselors will be available. Fr. Mark and Fr. Adrian from St. Vincent de Paul church will be available for confessions.
St. Marguerite d’Youville
- Sept 21 – Educational breakfast led by Deacon Mike Byrne of St. John Neumann. It is entitled “Age Old Questions” and is meant to cover end of life issues for Catholics.
- 28 – Rosary and erection of our cross memorial by Respect Life Committee and assisted by Youth Ministry. We will also erect two banners reflecting on 84 lives lost to abortion per day in Georgia, and promoting Pregnancy Aid Clinic. These will hang for the 40Days for Life, through October.
- Also during the 40Days for Life, we will be launching a new information campaign for our Respect Life Display board. It will feature 6 different posters highlighting a truth about abortion. The theme is “Speaking the Truth in Love,” Eph 4:15. They are 20″ x 24″ and I hope it will bring more people to our information rack to pick up materials featured there from the USCCB.
- One last thing- we are sponsoring an All Saints Day Party on Nov 1 for our parishioners.
Students For Life
- Talk by Alveda King at Georgia Tech on Oct. 1.
St. Michael + St. John Paul II Mission (Gainesville)
|Sep 29 – Oct 7||Individually||Pro-Life Novena|
|Oct 1 – Oct 15||St. John Paul II Mission||Gather items for babies – to donate|
|Oct 4 – Oct 6||St. John Paul II Mission||Chicken sale fundraiser – March for Life|
|Oct 5||St. Michael Catholic Church||Cemetery of the Unborn||10:00 AM|
|Oct 5||St. John Paul II Mission||4:30 Mass – Mass Intentions for the Unborn|
|Oct 6||Corner of Jesse Jewell and EE Butler||Annual Life Chain||2:30 – 3:30 PM Gainesville, GA|
|Oct 12||Lawrenceville – PP||Pray outside Planned Parenthood||10 AM – 11 AM|
|Oct 17||St. John Paul II Mission||Mass for women who are pregnant||6 PM – 7 PM|
|Oct 26 – Oct 27||St. Michael Catholic Church||Chicken Sale – Benefit March for Life Trip|
|Oct 26||St. John Paul II Mission||Cemetery of the Unborn||10:00 AM|
|Oct 26||St. John Paul II Mission||Show the Movie UnPlanned||After 6 pm Mass|
|Oct 26||St. John Paul II Mission||Food sale – benefits Pro Life Garden||After 6 pm Mass|
|Nov 2?||St. John Paul II Mission||Cemetery of the Unborn||10:00 AM|
|October||St. Michael Catholic Church||Change for Life – Baby Bottle Campaign – benefit Choices (local Pregnancy Help Center)|
|October||St. John Paul II Mission||Change for Life – Baby Bottle Campaign – benefit Choices (local Pregnancy Help Center)|