- Download 3573
- File Size 441.82 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date September 21, 2015
- Last Updated September 21, 2015
Lector Training: Trainer's Manual
The purpose of this two- to two and a half-hour, single-session training program is to help experienced lectors who may have received little or no prior training to improve their abilities with scriptural proclamation. This purpose consists of three objectives:
- Become more aware of the purpose of the Ministry of the Word and the “personal religious” nature of scriptural proclamation.
- Experience the impact of feedback as a means of improving the lector’s skills and abilities.
- Demonstrate the roles of Pausing, Word Stress, Emotion, Phrasing, and Parenthetical Expressions in effective proclamation and how lectors can master them.
It is recommended that the program be offered annually and that all experienced lectors in the parish participate in this training program as frequently as they see fit. While attendance at the session probably should not be mandatory it should be encouraged. The session can also serve as an introduction to the parish’s monthly Lector Study Group program for experienced lectors which is highly recommended.