The Office of Archives and Records contains collections of historical records and primary source materials in a variety of media formats. The majority of the collections consist of paper-based records of the Archdiocese of Atlanta. Materials span from 1822 to the present time, although the bulk of the processed materials date from 1956 when Atlanta became its own Diocese.
Included within the Office of Archives and Records are the following record groups of materials:
- Archbishops and Bishops of Atlanta
- Archbishops’ Office (The Chancery)
- Archdiocesan Boards, Councils, and Committees
- Archdiocesan Offices and Ministries
- Parishes and Missions
- Non-Archdiocesan Catholic Organizations
- Catholic Social Services
- Individual and Family Collections
- Audiovisual Collection
- Artifacts Collection
- Photographs Collection
- Archdiocesan Publications
- Monographs and Serials Collection
- Catholic Construction Services, Inc.
If interested in researching a specific topic, please refer to the HISTORICAL RESEARCH page for more information regarding the policies and procedures related to researchers.