Sacramental records of Baptisms, Marriages, Confirmations, and Deaths are created and maintained at the individual parishes of the Archdiocese of Atlanta.
If you are searching for a copy of your sacramental record and the sacrament occurred within the last 75 years, then you will need to contact the parish in which the sacrament was performed to receive a certificate.
The Office of Archives and Records does not issue certificates.
PLEASE NOTE: If your sacrament was performed on a military base, please contact the Archdiocese for the Military Services, USA. Their information can be found online under the Office of Sacramental Records.
Please contact the Archives for information related to the following registers:
- Immaculate Conception, Atlanta, Georgia—Baptisms 1846-1871; Marriages 1846-1871; Confirmations 1862-1871; Baptisms 1872-1888; Marriages 1873-1923; Baptisms 1888-1900; Baptisms 1901-1920; Interments 1881-1910; Confirmations 1871-1921.
- Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Sharon, Georgia—Baptisms, Marriages, Confirmations 1822-1844; Baptisms, Confirmations, Marriages, and Funerals 1845-1905.
- Saint Anthony of Padua, Atlanta, Georgia—Baptisms 1903-1936; First Communions 1904-1954; Confirmations 1904-1953; Marriages 1904-1954
- Saint Joseph (Saint Patrick), Washington, Georgia—Baptisms, Confirmations, First Communions, Marriages 1854-1924; Baptisms and Marriages, 1929-1954.
- Sacred Heart, Milledgeville—Baptisms, Marriages, and Deaths 1871-1907; Baptisms and Marriages 1876-1910; Baptisms 1911-1971; Marriages 1912-1971; First Communions, Confirmations, and Deaths 1930-1968
Sacramental Records Handbook
Last Updated: March 2, 2021
Manual de Registros Sacramentales
Sacramental Records Handbook – Spanish
Last Updated: March 16, 2021
Sổ Tay Hồ Sơ Bí Tích
Sacramental Records Handbook – Vietnamese
Last Updated: March 8, 2021
Research on general family lines cannot be conducted by Archives staff. However, research for specific individuals can be done by the staff if the records are housed in the Office of Archives and Records.
The requester will be provided with a copy of the information contained in a specific record entry whenever possible. In the event that the Office of Archives and Records cannot provide the researcher with a copy of the record entry, staff will contact the individual who submitted the request.
Please complete the Genealogical Research Request Form supplied at the bottom of the page and submit it along with appropriate payment to the following address:
Archdiocese of Atlanta
Office of Archives & Records
2401 Lake Park Drive SE
Smyrna, GA 30080-8862
The fee for genealogical research requests is $25.00. Payment can be made by check or money order (U.S. currency) made payable to the Archdiocese of Atlanta. Please note that the fee is not refundable in the event that no research results are obtained. The Office of Archives and Records can only conduct research up to one hour per genealogical research request.
Please allow approximately four weeks for request(s) to be answered.
Genealogical Research Request Form
Last Updated: June 16, 2020