The Office of Catholic Schools was awarded archdiocesan-wide accreditation status through AdvancED in 2013; Archdiocesan Schools are awarded accreditation status through AdvancED (the parent company of SACS). To merit this status, schools engaged in a rigorous self-study, followed by an external review completed by the AdvancED team. This review focused on the areas of:
- Purpose and direction
- Governance and leadership
- Teaching and learning
- Resources and support systems
- Using results for continuous improvement
Having received archdiocesan accreditation, our 18 archdiocesan schools committed to the process of continuous improvement. As a focus of this improvement, specific goals were identified. These goals are:
- Continue to strengthen and nurture the Catholic identity of Archdiocesan schools
- Improve the use of student performance data to inform classroom instruction
- Access the effectiveness of student services at the Archdiocesan and school level to continuously improve instructional support
- Encourage and support the integration of technology across the curriculum in grades K -12.
To validate the schools’ engagement in continuous improvement, the Archdiocese of Atlanta has created an internal review process that provides each school with ongoing, objective data to be used in site-based decision-making.
Office of Catholic School’s Continuous Improvement Plan
Please visit the following links to learn more about Archdiocesan-wide accreditation: