Mission Statement – Catholic Schools in the Archdiocese of Atlanta
Our schools are committed to providing an excellent education in an environment of spiritual, intellectual, physical and moral formation in accordance with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. The Catholic Schools in the Archdiocese of Atlanta serve a vital role in the educational ministry of the Church.
The system of Catholic Schools in the Archdiocese of Atlanta provides solid faith formation and academic excellence. We prepare our students for college, life’s vocations, active participation in society and in the life of our Church, and ultimately for Heaven.
- The foundation of our Catholic schools is rooted in Christ and His Church.
- The cultural diversity of our local Church provides opportunities to embrace different cultures in our school communities and to recognize God’s image in all whom we encounter.
- Parents are the primary educators of their children; working together, the sense of family and a faith community create an atmosphere of trust, love and partnership.
- All children deserve to have access to academic excellence through active participation in challenging and enriching learning opportunities.
- School communities represent safe environments where everyone is treated with respect.
- Technology is a tool which should be integrated across all areas of curriculum to support higher order thinking skills, communication, collaboration and problem solving.
- Made in the image and likeness of God, we respect the dignity of all life in its physical, emotional and moral dimensions.
- Through active involvement in Christian service, all students assist in upholding the respect and dignity of every person and of God’s creations.
- We are called to transform ourselves and our communities through living and modeling our Gospel teachings and baptismal vows.